H1 Transfer to new company

lyod_1967

Registered Users (C)
I am thinking of H1 Transfer to a new company. Marketing Manager of new company is telling me to stop sending timesheet to my current company from next month. He is telling me to send timesheet directly to him and make excuse to my old company and they will take care of my H1 and any legal issue.

I am very hesistant to do above without H1 transfer receipt notice. One of my friend has already done so and new company is telling me to do the same.

Jan 15 - I receive my salary from old company for month of December 2006.
Jan 10- My new H1 visa is filed with new company.
Jan 31 - I send timesheet to new company.

Feb 5 - I recd. salary from new company.

We have a monthly timesheet and I will send my timesheet for month of January to new company.

My question is what will be my status for 10 days for which I did not send timesheet to current company ?

Thanks,

Lyod

h1 transfer

Even i am in same position. My employer told me he applied h1 transfer, but unfortunately it came back with incorrect payment. so i continued working and we decided to not to generate paystub during transition time from emploer a to employer b with same client. my employer agreed to pay money without paystubs during that time with 15% less (he said 15% to cover taxes and misc..). who cares if he pays us promtly!!

Paystubs for H1b transfer

Hi Guys,

My wife changed her visa status from H4 to H1 in October 2006 but never worked for the first employer. She was recently offered a position with another company. From the date of hire (approx 80 days) she was on vacation and training but never on a project. I am just wondering if we need to provide pay stubs to INS. Is there any grace period for company change and is there anything that we need to aware of?

GotPR, please advice.

Thank you in advance.

It's up to CIS, but unless she could prove she has been in status(by providing pay stubs), her transfer is most likely approved without I-94. She has to travel with valid H1 stamp and reenter the US in that case.

H1B Transfer

Hi,

I would like to know that i got stamping for H1B from current company. I have not traveled to US yet. Now can i get transfer of this H1B for another company without traveling or working in US at present.

Thanks.

Came to US in Feb 2005 in H-4. Converted to F-1 in July 2005 . I am working on OPT now. Degree Conferred.

OPT valid - August3 2006 - August 2 2007
Company is applying for H1B in April 1, 2007 in premium processing. Hopefuly I will get my approval by April 30, 2007...and H1 employment date starts October 1, 2007.

I will out of payroll between August 3 and Spet 30 2007.

Problem: I need to vist India in MAy 2007. I will be taking visa appointment in MAy for H1 stamping. ( I never traveled India after I was converted to F-1 from H4).

Question 1: Since only 3 mths of my OPT is left and my H1 is approved so I will need an H1 stamp rather than F1, am I right? I know it is not advisable to travel during OPT. BUt since I have my H1 approved is it ok if I travel ?

Question 2: Is it ok if I get the stamping done 5 mths prior to my employment start date (i.e oct 1, 2007). (Note: in May my OPT validity is still on)

Question 3 : Assuming my visa is stamped.Will there be any problems during entry; as in I will be returning in June to complete my OPT with an H1 b stamp in my passport (for Oct 1, 2007).

It would be really helpful if you could guide me in the right direction.