H1 transfer approved w/o I-94

mnimesh1

Registered Users (C)
I had applied for my H1 transfer in Dec-06 from Company A to B. USCIS approved the application in March-07 and had send me a courtesy notice, but did not gave me the new I-94.
Can some one tell me whether should I apply with I-824 form or I-102 form to get the APPROVAL NOTICE WITH I-94?

Thanks

I had applied for my H1 transfer in Dec-06 from Company A to B. USCIS approved the application in March-07 and had send me a courtesy notice, but did not gave me the new I-94.
Can some one tell me whether should I apply with I-824 form or I-102 form to get the APPROVAL NOTICE WITH I-94?
----------------I dont know your full case details and why USCIS did not approve H1 transfer and did not attach I-94
Thanks
go out get H1 visa stamp and enter US

I had similar issue but it was with H-4. I received courtesy copy without I-94. The original copy which has I-94 is usually sent to Lawyer or your Employer.

Check with them and whether they have received the copy with I-94 or not.

I have checked with the lawyer and my employer. They have not yet received the document.
Can I go for visa stamping only with the courtosy copy of I-797? My current I-94 is not going to expire until OCT 08 and I am going to my home country this Dec.

I have checked with the lawyer and my employer. They have not yet received the document.
Can I go for visa stamping only with the courtosy copy of I-797? My current I-94 is not going to expire until OCT 08 and I am going to my home country this Dec.
--------------your current I-94 is valid based on past employer H1 Extension or approval notice, you dont have current I-94 for present employer B. I dont know if at present you are with A or B. if with A no problem but if working with B and you did not got I-94 attached with H1 transfer notice then
You will need I-94 based on H1 transfer. go to your B comany lawyer and seek legal advice

Your courtesy copy should mention where the original copy is sent. Most of the time it goes to Lawyer. Your lawyer should have received some form of notification from USCIS. Make sure with your lawyer or employer. If they have not received any such notification than ask them to contact USCIS.

Important point - If your approval petition (courtesy copy) say I-797A than your lawyer should receive original with I-94.
If your approval petition saysI-797B than it will be without I-94.

I am providing this information based on my wife's case who had similar problem when she applied for COS from F-2 to H-1. Her company lawyer filed amendment or MTR and got her approval with I-94.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am actually working right now with company B.
My current I-94 and I-797 is of company A, they are good till Oct-08.
Company B lawyer filed my H1 transfer in Dec-06 and
only got the courtosy copy apporval notice.
It says I-797 on the right top corner.
The lawyer has filed an I-824 on my company's behalf.
Can you guys advise if its possible to get the approval notice ASAP?

Thanks

If you filing to reopen your case than you have to wait for atleast 3-4 months to get approval.
Ask your lawyer to request for the original copy of your approved petition by contacting USCIS since you have received only courtesy copy.

I am providing all this information based on my wife's case. I have no knowledge or whatsoever related to law.