H1-Transfer - Anti Fraud Unit : Need Urgent Help!

nidhi001

Registered Users (C)
H1-Transfer - Anti Fraud Unit : Please someone reply to my query

I recently applied H1-B transfer on premium processing through company A. But has been almost 2 months and havenot heard anything other than an email from the company A which says that the case has been sent to a different unit. The Texas service center has sent email to the company that it has been sent to AFU - anit fraud unit.

Has anyone gone thru the same situation, please let me know what is this unit is about. What to expect? Has it got anything to do with the prev employer or the current employer. Should I be concerned about the my H1-B approval.

I will really appreciate if someone can help me out. I need this information as my employer is doing nothing about it after they notified me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anti Fraud Unit

Hi Nidhi,

I came here on B2 in January 2005 and applied for H1b on 29th April when i found a suitable employer.On 6th September 2 officers from Anti Fraud Unit visited my Employers ofiice.They enquired about myself and one more person.They enquired how many people are working in your company and they enquired about the annual turn over.Currently there are 30 consultants working for my consultancy.It is not a big Consultancy but it is genuine and it is growing day by day.So someone please tell me whats gonna happen now.The Anti Fraud Unit Officers had coffee with my companys president and they were there for 30 minutes.They asked him where did u got theses candidates and how you selected them.For that he replied that we advertised jobs online and the candidates had applied online.The officer was fairly satisfied with his replies and he was also satisfied with the setup of the office and he saw that real people are working in the office.He also enquired about my consutantcy's clients and who are they.For that also my employer replied coreectly and the officer seemed satisfied.So tell me what happened with ur case.Email me on aamohammed@hotmail.com.I am waiting for your reply.

Can you tell me which service center the papers were filed on your behalf.?
May be your name triggered a spot check on the employer.?

Anti_Fraud_Unit said:
Hi Nidhi,

I came here on B2 in January 2005 and applied for H1b on 29th April when i found a suitable employer.On 6th September 2 officers from Anti Fraud Unit visited my Employers ofiice.They enquired about myself and one more person.They enquired how many people are working in your company and they enquired about the annual turn over.Currently there are 30 consultants working for my consultancy.It is not a big Consultancy but it is genuine and it is growing day by day.So someone please tell me whats gonna happen now.The Anti Fraud Unit Officers had coffee with my companys president and they were there for 30 minutes.They asked him where did u got theses candidates and how you selected them.For that he replied that we advertised jobs online and the candidates had applied online.The officer was fairly satisfied with his replies and he was also satisfied with the setup of the office and he saw that real people are working in the office.He also enquired about my consutantcy's clients and who are they.For that also my employer replied coreectly and the officer seemed satisfied.So tell me what happened with ur case.Email me on aamohammed@hotmail.com.I am waiting for your reply.

Hi Great Guru

Mine was Vermont Processing Centre.Can you tell me whats going to ahppen now.Can you give me ur email or mobile number so that i can discuss this with you.

Thanks
Abdul

Anti_Fraud_Unit said:
Mine was Vermont Processing Centre.Can you tell me whats going to ahppen now.Can you give me ur email or mobile number so that i can discuss this with you.

Thanks
Abdul

Nowadays it is common for INS to go for spot check. In 1999 some companies got their LC even I 140 got approved with out having office in Vermont. Days are gone.
Your verification process is over, Inshaallah you will get your h1 approval soon. Good Luck

Great Guru Thank You Very Much

Great Guru,

Thanks for your reply.I was really tensed for last couple of days.But i am holding my nerve.I check the online status a 100 times a day and i check my email every five minutes.But i think my patience will pay off.Now i need to tell you how is my situation.I got entry for 6 months when i arrived in USA.My I-94 was valid till 22nd July 2005.I applied for Estension of Stay in my current Non-Immigrant Status on 6th July and it got Approved on 22nd August.But when i recieved my Approval notice with new I-94 i was surprised to see that my Extension of Stay was only approved till 22nd September.That means i am still short of 8 days to be eligible for Change of Status without leaving the country.I had requested for my Extension untill 22nd January 2006.Do you think they have done this wantedly.So that to make me go outside the country to have my change of status?So when i recieved my new I-94 on 31st August i agained filed for Extension Of Stay on 2nd September.I have requested for Extension untill 2nd January 2006.Do you think they will approve it or not.Ok if they dont approve my Extension of Stay in my current Non-Immigrant Status what do i need to do?Can i go to Canada or Mexico for Visa Stamping or I need to Go to India for Visa Stamping.Please let me know.I can only offer you good wishes to you but nothing more for the service you are doing for people like me who are in great distress and anxiety.Please respod with your answers.

Thanks
Abdul

Anti_Fraud_Unit said:
Great Guru,

Thanks for your reply.I was really tensed for last couple of days.But i am holding my nerve.I check the online status a 100 times a day and i check my email every five minutes.But i think my patience will pay off.Now i need to tell you how is my situation.I got entry for 6 months when i arrived in USA.My I-94 was valid till 22nd July 2005.I applied for Estension of Stay in my current Non-Immigrant Status on 6th July and it got Approved on 22nd August.But when i recieved my Approval notice with new I-94 i was surprised to see that my Extension of Stay was only approved till 22nd September.That means i am still short of 8 days to be eligible for Change of Status without leaving the country.I had requested for my Extension untill 22nd January 2006.Do you think they have done this wantedly.So that to make me go outside the country to have my change of status?So when i recieved my new I-94 on 31st August i agained filed for Extension Of Stay on 2nd September.I have requested for Extension untill 2nd January 2006.

This is the wise thing, you have done correctly. Unless you heard from INS (approval or denial of B visa extn) your stay is legal in US, by the time you must get your H1 approval otherwise you have to go out and get your H1 stamped.

Do you think they will approve it or not.Ok if they dont approve my Extension of Stay in my current Non-Immigrant Status what do i need to do?Can i go to Canada or Mexico for Visa Stamping or I need to Go to India for Visa Stamping.Please let me know.I can only offer you good wishes to you but nothing more for the service you are doing for people like me who are in great distress and anxiety.Please respod with your answers.

Thanks
Abdul