H1 to H4

maldita

Registered Users (C)
Hi to everyone!
Just have my H1B petition approved (from J2). My current job is terminating in two months. My serious jobsearch has not shown a ray of hope for an offer yet but with all those applications that were sent out, am expecting to get one hopefully, before this current job completely expires.
Questions:
1. When is the best time for me to file a change to H4? My husband is having H1B with a regular employment.
2. What will be the best thing for me to do if, for instance, a job was offered (and I accepted it!) a week or so after filing my change to H4?
Thank you so much!

maldita said:
Hi to everyone!
Just have my H1B petition approved (from J2). My current job is terminating in two months. My serious jobsearch has not shown a ray of hope for an offer yet but with all those applications that were sent out, am expecting to get one hopefully, before this current job completely expires.
Questions:
1. When is the best time for me to file a change to H4? My husband is having H1B with a regular employment.
2. What will be the best thing for me to do if, for instance, a job was offered (and I accepted it!) a week or so after filing my change to H4?
Thank you so much!
You can go back and forth H4 to H1 to h4 to H1. to keep your status.