H1 to H4 -- Please suggest

csarip

Registered Users (C)
Dear Sirs/G/J/G/All,

I have posted this question allready in different thread. Now, all i wanted is, if someone can answer this. Sorry for the duplication.

I am on 7th year H1 which is valid until november 2005. My wife is having two more years in H1 for 6 years. Her Organization did not apply for the labor certification yet. If something happens to my job, i heard that, i can move to H4 till this november 2005 (till my current I-94 and h1 validity) and i cannot apply further H4 extensions.

can i change to H4 and stay till november. Would you please suggest your openions.

Regards,
CSARIP

expired H1 >> transfer to H4

Yeah i too have this issue my H1B visa (6 years) is expiring and want to know if it expires can I get H4 on my wife's behalf ( She has H1 for next 2 yrs)... Any advise is welcome

csarip said:
Dear Sirs/G/J/G/All,

I have posted this question allready in different thread. Now, all i wanted is, if someone can answer this. Sorry for the duplication.

I am on 7th year H1 which is valid until november 2005. My wife is having two more years in H1 for 6 years. Her Organization did not apply for the labor certification yet. If something happens to my job, i heard that, i can move to H4 till this november 2005 (till my current I-94 and h1 validity) and i cannot apply further H4 extensions.

can i change to H4 and stay till november. Would you please suggest your openions.

Regards,
CSARIP

You can change to H4 and stay until your spouse H1 - 6 yrs gets exhausted. or get an I 20 change to F1. For your spouse still not late to file LC and get 7th year extn