H1 to Green Card

digiden

Registered Users (C)
Hi....

I am on H1 sponsored by Company A. It expires in Oct. 2006. One of the other Company B is ready to file my Labour Ceritificate for Green Card. Do Company B has to first file for my H1 and then file for my Green Card or they can directly file for Green Card without doing my H1. If they file for my Green Card will by H1 with Company A remains valid?

Please Help

NM

EB greencard is for future employment and company B can file your LC without applying for you H1. You don't even need to work for company B, but
once your GC is approved, you are required to work for company B.

is your H1 expiration in Oct 2006 is after 6 years or 3 years ? If it's 6 years expiration, it's a little too late for regular way to get H1 extension beyond 6 years. To extend H1 beyond 6 years, your LC application has to be filed at least 365 days before H1 expiration.
Your option is
1. looking for preapproved labor which has old priority date, but I strongly do not recommend preapproved labor for a couple of reason.
OR
2. You may leave the US for a few months without H1 employment and recapture the enough day count to satisfy 365days pending rule for LC.

It's because there are a LOT of fraudulent pre-approved labor, and they also charge you a LOT. You may get burned if you picked fraudulent one.