H1 stamping

djit71

Registered Users (C)
I have an appointment in Toronto foe H1-B. Mine is F1-OPT-H1 case. My student visa was refused in 93 at delhi consulate. Do i need to mention in the DS-156 form that i was refused F1 visa back in 93. right now i am having new passport as my old was expired. The new number is different from the old one. I got F1 in 99. Please help soon.....

No harm in telling the truth. The F1 visa will be linked to the passport numbers and all the passport numbers are linked. If this is the first visa stamp in this new passport, you might be requried to show the old passport.
The refusal in 93 will no way influence the H1 stamp. Use your judgement.

Thanks Jaxen
I have the F1 visa in the new passport and i do not have the old one. its in India. I was worried if the consulate people will say go to home countrry after knowing that. Please comment.

No they wont. Quit worrying about a non issue. With US degree, your H1 stamp stands a very bright chance of approval.

H1 -B

Thanks Jaxen
I have another problem that i found. On my I 129 petition the lawyer made a typo and wrote the job title as Process engineer, whereas the labor application and other supporting documents shows Projest Engineer which is correct as I am working as project engr and my offer letter also says this. Another typo she made is my social security number on the I129 petition. I talked to her and she wants to put on the employement letter from the company that i am working as project engr and on the I129 they made an error and put process engr. Now i ma worried as this might create confusion. Please suggest jaxen should i go or not!!
Thanks

It does throw the wrench. What is the approval say? If it says project engr, you can take the risk.
I would show all my documents to another qualified lawyer and get a second opinion.

Incorrect Consulate Information on H1B papers

Hi,

My H1B papers say that I shall submit my papers to the US Consulate in London for stamping. However my work permit to stay in the UK expired before my H1B papers could come through and hence I had to return to New Delhi (my current place of residence). I intend to get my H1B papers stamped at the US Consulate in New Delhi. The H1B papers mention that a form I-824 needs to be filed for change in consulate information. Does anybody know how long this process takes? Does the lawyer have to file this form on my behalf? This is very urgent and I would really appreciate any information in this regard.

Thanks,
Shilpa

H1 B stamping

Thanks jaxen
The I 797 is the approval notice. It does not say any job titile but shows only the H1-B visa classification and employer name and the I 94. The pettion filed by lawyer has Process engr, and the labor certification has Project engr (which is correct). Also my employer gave me letter stating that i am working as project engr and they mistakenly stated process engr on the I129 petition.
Will this help. I talked to lawyer and she says that these won't be an issue. Is it right, please reply...

Consulate Information

Hi,

Does the H1B petition paper mention a specific US consulate from which I need to get my H1B visa? Can I go to any US Consulate (outside USA of course) to get the H1B visa?

Thanks,
Shilpa

djit : Use your judgement.

Shilpasuresh: If there is a consular notification option chosen while applying for H1, then the consulate will be mentioned in the H1 approval. You have to get the stamping from that consulate. Generally that is the option chosen when the applicant is outside US and this is the first H1 visa.

Re-validation

Hi Jaxen,

I was refused F1 visa twice in India in 1998 and after 8 months I got H1B visa from the same consulate in India, since then I am in US( almost 3 years). I am planning to get H1B re-validated here in US with new H1B extension approval notice. Will my previous F1 refusals cause a problem for H1B re-validation here in US?

Thanks a lot

Consulate info

"Class Consulate or POE: H1B1 London"

Can anybody tell me what the above sentence means? Its there on my H1B visa. My lawyer says that I can get the papers stamped from the consulate in New Delhi. Hence I'm confused and want to get this issue sorted out before I proceed ahead to the consulate.

Thanks,
Shilpa

Correction to my previous query

"Class Consulate or POE: H1B1 London"

Correction to my previous query. This sentence is there on my H1B papers and not visa. I have yet to get my visa.

Shilpa:
The new delhi consulate might ask why London consulate was notified about your H1. Most probably your answer should be "INS error". Find out whether your lawyer can give a letter to that effect.
However I do not see any problem yet. You have not mentioned whether you are a first time H1 visa applicant and are you in US now or not.

braj : No problem.

H1 Extention - revalidation

I received my H1B extention approval today. my I-94 expired on September 2002. I have to go to India in December mid. Does any body see more risk in getting my visa revalidated in Chennai than it be done in US?

One other problem is, in my new approval notice, my middle name and last name are interchanged. Will it create any problems?

Thanks in advance

Nishad

H1B Re-validation

Hi Jaxen,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Can I safely go ahead and apply for visa H1B re-validation at st.Louis in my case?. and also do I have to mention both the previous F1 refusals in the DS156 form or only the last F1 refusal?

Thanks for your help

Previous Message:

Hi Jaxen,

I was refused F1 visa twice in India in 1998 and after 8 months I got H1B visa from the same consulate in India, since then I am in US( almost 3 years). I am planning to get H1B re-validated here in US with new H1B extension approval notice. Will my previous F1 refusals cause a problem for H1B re-validation here in US?

Thanks a lot

Last edited by a moderator:
F1 to H1 conversion & regarding stamping in India or Canada

Hi,
I am a F1 student graduating in dec 2002. I got a job offer and they are doing my H1 with premium processing. I will get it by Nov 24.
My marriage is already fixed for dec 26th.
When I return from india I have to get H1 stamping. Is it better to go to india for H1 stamping Or go to Canada before that.
The problems to go for H1 stamping is i will have only 1 pay stub and I won't get my original Master's degree certificate. So I have to take a provisional certificate or some letter from my school.
I will stay in India only for a week. Is it possible to get H1B stamping in just 1 week.

I hope I put my situation in an understandable way.

Can someone give any real experience or suggest me.

Thanks,
Rookie