H1 Stamping with a small company

infowanted

Registered Users (C)
H1 Stamping with a small company - attn GC Lover

Hello All,

I have an offer from a start-up company with employee less than 5 and their Annual income less than 15,000 dollar. They are in US for 3 years now and 5 or 6 people of them are stamped in India. Will the company size and Annual income affect the H1 Stamping in Indian Consulates.

Since now a days Visa stamping is so tough i just want to know whether people are getting H1-B Visa Stamp for such small companies also. Can someone confirm if they got Visa stamped with start up companies of this size, so i can decide for my future about this offer.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
full details about

We are also in the same boat.

our company is 4 Years old company. Our gross income is 120K per Annum in another hand the turn over of the company is above fig. per Annum with one employee. Recently we got a new H1B approval. But our company is operating from Home. Basically it is a home base company.

I would appreciate if you give me your answer for the following question,

1) How did your employer /company get 4 to 5 H1B stamping with 15K gross income?.

2) What about your USA or prospective employer?.

3) Does your company operate in commercial place in USA?.

4) Does your company have any website?

5) do you have any sample Annual report and company prospectus?

Because our consultant needs Annual report and prospectus for new H1B stamping. As I aware of that getting stamping is very painfull process

Thanks

1) How did your employer /company get 4 to 5 H1B stamping with 15K gross income?.

I was told that, i dont know. It is Net income not Gross income

2) What about your USA or prospective employer?.

They have clients

3) Does your company operate in commercial place in USA?.
Yes

4) Does your company have any website?
Yes

5) do you have any sample Annual report and company prospectus?
No

I think your case is fine. It won't impact because your employer is operating his business in the commercial place. Moreover the business was estabilished 3 years ago. They have gotten 4 to 5 consultant from India already.

Then why did you worry about it. They have already gone under this painfull tunnel and successfully got 5 consultants stamping. You are the 6th consultant.

When is your appointment for stamping. Did you accept it or not this offer?.

What are the papers, are you going to submit during the interview?. Please advise me.

Thanks

I am in a similiar situation. Employer has 4 employees. Gross income > $360,000. Unsure about Net.

I am planning to go for H1 stamping at Calgary. I have a MS from US. Do I need to carry any additional docs because of the size of the company? What are the questions I can expect at the consulate?

Thanks in advance for the help.

maniax said:
I am in a similiar situation. Employer has 4 employees. Gross income > $360,000. Unsure about Net.

I am planning to go for H1 stamping at Calgary. I have a MS from US. Do I need to carry any additional docs because of the size of the company? What are the questions I can expect at the consulate?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Well, one question which you can expect is why are you coming for stamping in Canada and not going in your home country? I would suggest be prepared to answer that with a strong valid and convincing reason.
Other than that take as much documents from your employer as possible to prove that he is registered company in US and can pay you on bench, try to prove yourself that you have never been out of status with all paystubs and W2. Once you clear finger print security being in status is the next big thing they try to hit you, so be prepared as much as you can. Good Luck !

Thanks GC_Lover. Any suggestions for the answer? Ofcourse I can tell them that I am on a tight schedule and am unable to go to my home country. But it sounds like this is one of the standard answers given by all candidates.

No, I was never out of status and I will be carrying as many docs as possible.

Thanks

GC_Lover said:
Well, one question which you can expect is why are you coming for stamping in Canada and not going in your home country? I would suggest be prepared to answer that with a strong valid and convincing reason.
Other than that take as much documents from your employer as possible to prove that he is registered company in US and can pay you on bench, try to prove yourself that you have never been out of status with all paystubs and W2. Once you clear finger print security being in status is the next big thing they try to hit you, so be prepared as much as you can. Good Luck !

Hi guys,

These are the documents I am taking from the employer:

1. Company Brochure.
2. Company Photos
3. Office Lease Agreement with Amendments.
4. Office Floor Plan.
5. W-2 for all employees.
6. Client Invoices
7. Payments Received.
8. Latest Pay stub for all employees.
9. Latest Quarterly Reports for Federal and State
10. Payroll details for 2005.
11. <State> Secretary of State registration information.
12. Client contracts.
13. Employment Verification letter.
14. They are developing a software product. Will take tech info on that.
15. Offer Letter
16. I am on an assignment with a client till June. I will be taking a letter from them. I might also include technical info about the project I am working on.

Am I missing anything? Can you guys please please please go through the list for any omissions?

Appreciate your help .

company size

Hi,

A consulting company with 1-7 partners (not employees) that has never filed for H1 visas wants to hire me for a full-time position. The company works with principal consultants based on a per deal retainer/success fee. The turnover is between 100-500K yearly.

Can such a company file for H1?

Also, is there a good method to find the prevailing wages for a given profile?

Any suggestions, tips or questions are appreciated.

Thanks
RK

Just curious. You are going to take with you W-2 of ALL employees and the latest pay stubs of ALL employees in your company?????

Would your company give you such personal details about other employees???? I would strongly advise you to not show it to the officer at the consulate. They would get suspicious if someone comes to the interview with Pay stubs of other employees in the company. I am not even sure if it is legal in the US for a company to share such personal information about other employees.

You may know the employer, so they may be ready to give you all this confidential info. But certainly the officer at the consulate would get more suspicious...Be careful....Excess documentation can also hurt sometimes..

Good Luck

maniax said:
Hi guys,

These are the documents I am taking from the employer:

1. Company Brochure.
2. Company Photos
3. Office Lease Agreement with Amendments.
4. Office Floor Plan.
5. W-2 for all employees.
6. Client Invoices
7. Payments Received.
8. Latest Pay stub for all employees.
9. Latest Quarterly Reports for Federal and State
10. Payroll details for 2005.
11. <State> Secretary of State registration information.
12. Client contracts.
13. Employment Verification letter.
14. They are developing a software product. Will take tech info on that.
15. Offer Letter
16. I am on an assignment with a client till June. I will be taking a letter from them. I might also include technical info about the project I am working on.

Am I missing anything? Can you guys please please please go through the list for any omissions?

Appreciate your help .