H1 Stamping in Mumbai

av3

I have a few questions regarding H1 stamping in Mumbai..

My first H1 was approved for 6 months in 1999. I got it passport stamped from Mumbai, and the validity of the stamp was untill June 2000.

I have been in the US since Oct 1999, I've had 2 H1 approval (I-797).. The first was valid for a year and the latest one is valid untill Jan 2005..

I was plannin to go India for 2 weeks early Nov, and I had a few concerns.

1. Am I eligible to drop off my passport at the drop off service in Mumbai.
2. What are the documents I would need for getting my Passport stamped (are there any new (POST Sep-11 requirements). I've also heard that u need to prove to the consulate that you are currently employed. i.e payslips & letter from the employers.
3. Would I have to go through the process of Personal interview to gett my passport stamped bcos its been more than 2 yrs since my Visa stamp has expired?
4. Do u recommend that I make the
5. How long does it normally take to get the passport stamped (I intend to stay in Mumbai only for 2 weeks)
6. Would it be more advisible for me to go to Canada to get my pasport stamped?
7. Can someone who's got their H1 stamped in Mumbai recently share their experience

I know these are a lot of questions, but I really would appreciate if someone could answer em.

Thank you,

Some answer

1. Yes. To confirm you can try to use the ttsvisas.com site to get an appointment.
2. On all H1 stamps (old or new) you need a letter from the employer and have to attach recent w-2, paystubs.
3. Not likely
4. ??
6. It is your personal choice.

Mumbai Consulate: H1B Stamping

Hi,

My case is similar to av3 - I am on my OPT now and going for H-1B stamping to the Mumbai consulate in Jan.

Wrt to Q1. I dont think ttsvisas allows people going to the Mumbai consulate to schedule interviews. Jaxen, please advise.

One additional question: My parents and younger brother migrated to the US after I came here on my F-1. They have Green Cards and they have filed for me last year. Is it possible that my H-1B may be denied due to this reason? I am worried.

Please help and your thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.
PS: Av3, please post your Mumbai Consulate experience here. Good Luck.

Jaxen,

It seems that TTSVISAS.Com is only for counsulates in Delhi/Chennai & Calcutta..

Can you please advice me as to how do I setup an appointment for my H1-B stamping in Mumbai....

Thank you,