H1 stamping in Canada or Mexico

factfinder

Registered Users (C)
Hi
I have a couple fo questions.
I came to Us on F1 which will expire at the end of this year (12312003). Currently I am on H1 and thinking of going for stamping either to Canada or Mexico.

The issue I am facing are:
Citizens of certain countries need to have a security check done prior to issuing of Visa. How long does that take? Has anybody gone through this and successfully gotten the visa?

The second question may not be for this forum but if anybody can let me know, that would be great.
I got approved for canadian immigration and am waiting for the landing papers. Can I come back from Canada on my F1 (as its not expired yet) without getting my H1 stamped or thats not possible coz of status change?

I am getting so many different responses that its confusing the hell out of me so if any of the members can help me with these, I would really appreciate it. :confused:

Thanks

Citizens from countries requiring security check are not entertained in canada/mexico. Check nvars.com and try to get an appointment.

Once your h1 is approved and you are working for a company your F1 is no longer valid. By using F1 visa you will void the H1 status offered to you and might jeopardize your future status.