H1 revalidation need backwages WH-60

shaik12

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I sent my H1 Papers to St. Louis for Visa revalidation. I forgot to include paystubs. The visa was till 08/01/2003 with a CA company. I sent papers from my current employer(DE) with whom I am working right now. Before this I was with some other employer. Now I got WH60 letter asking more details and sent it back in 30days. But I didn't the understand fully what they are asking(just tax return papers). I was trying to reach local DOL Wage&Hour Office for quite some time and didn't get response. Here I am including the text what I got.

Income Tax Form W-2 will be forwarded by This office(CA Employer)
An investigation of the firm named above has been completed by this office. Back wages were found due you under the FAIR LABOR STANDARD ACT.
These back wages have been obtained from the firm in full or in part and are on deposit with the US Treasury.
You will receive a W-2 form. Federal and FICA taxes will be deducted. You should report this payment as income in your tax return.

Shall I need to send tax return papers of 2001( during the year employee of CA firm) as well as paystubs. I have 2001 tax return papers but I don't have any of 2001 paystubs.

Pl clarify.

:confused:

but no where on the gov sites for H-1 revalidation it is mentioned that you need to attach pay stubs, right??

I am confused!

-Rox

Yes. it is true. Here is the url I gone thru before sending. I forgot last minute to include the paystubs.

http://travel.state.gov/revals.html

Anybody can clarify, whether DOL is asking simply tax return papers or they need paystubs as well(with CA company).

Thanks in advance.

shaik

I went through all the links on that page (that site did change from mid-april when i was referring to it when i applied for revalidation) and no where did i find the statement that 'we need to send the pay stubs along with the H-1 revalidation application packet'.
Please enlighten me. Please send me the correct link.

thanks a lot

shaik12:

I sent my H1 Papers to St. Louis for Visa revalidation. I forgot to include paystubs. The visa was till 08/01/2003 with a CA company. I sent papers from my current employer(DE) with whom I am working right now. Before this I was with some other employer. Now I got WH60 letter asking more details and sent it back in 30days. But I didn't the understand fully what they are asking (just tax return papers). I was trying to reach local DOL Wage&Hour Office for quite some time and didn't get response. Here I am including the text what I got.

Income Tax Form W-2 will be forwarded by This office(CA Employer)
An investigation of the firm named above has been completed by this office. Back wages were found due you under the FAIR LABOR STANDARD ACT.
These back wages have been obtained from the firm in full or in part and are on deposit with the US Treasury.
You will receive a W-2 form. Federal and FICA taxes will be deducted. You should report this payment as income in your tax return.

Shall I need to send tax return papers of 2001( during the year employee of CA firm) as well as paystubs. I have 2001 tax return papers but I don't have any of 2001 paystubs.

Pl clarify.

--------- I suspect that your past employer who was in CA was not paying you or any other employer the wages according to DOL or written on LCA that was filed with INS (BCIS) for H1B.one of the employee from that company reported or complained to DOL, then DOL did investigation of that employer and DOL recovered some wages for employees from employer and that amount is with DOL and, I hope some wages were also recovered for you and is deposited with the US Treasury.
Do you know if any investigation with your past employer was done by DOL?

Yes it is true. My previous CA employer owes some amount to me. I was confused by seeing this letter b'cos I sent my passport for visa revalidation first week of june. And I was thinking about this letter relating to my visa revalidation process. thanks for the suggestion.