H1-Related Plz Reply

rvmk2000

hi,
I came to USA last year on "Company A-H1" and got valid visa stamped upto "may-2007" after that i transfered my H1-B from Company A to Company B and got approved with new i-94 "valid upto-2008".(but din't got stamped with new employer? now working with company-B

now i have to go to india for 3 weeks
1. can i use the old visa with new i-797 (approval from company B ) in the port of entry while entering to the US ?

2. i lost my i-94("old one with company A which i got when i entered US last year ") of course i do have new i-94 came with new i-797 approval.
will it be any problem while leaving and coming back to US

Please reply and suggest me Regarding this issues
Thanks

rvmk2000 said:
hi,
I came to USA last year on "Company A-H1" and got valid visa stamped upto "may-2007" after that i transfered my H1-B from Company A to Company B and got approved with new i-94 "valid upto-2008".(but din't got stamped with new employer? now working with company-B

now i have to go to india for 3 weeks
1. can i use the old visa with new i-797 (approval from company B ) in the port of entry while entering to the US ?
------------- YES, show the valid Visa stamp in passport AND H1 approval notice of B at POE and you will get I-94 till H1 approval validity 2008
2. i lost my i-94("old one with company A which i got when i entered US last year ") of course i do have new i-94 came with new i-797 approval.
will it be any problem while leaving and coming back to US
-------- I dont think will be problem as you have extended valid I-94 that you got attached with H1 approval notice. you need to give that I-94 at airline counter before you go out. keep the copy of that I-94(front and back) in your immigration file for future. you may be able to get the copy of your earlier I-94 talk to lawyer of company B who filed H1 transfer they have the copy of your earler I-94
Please reply and suggest me Regarding this issues
Thanks

rvmk2000:

I have exactly the same situation.
Once you are back can you please let me know if u had any problems at POE?

also while you transferred you H1 to company B, did you gave them payslips too?

Last edited by a moderator: