H1 Petition- Job Title

Immigstories

Registered Users (C)
My company is applying for a new H1 petition and COS for me. I work as a Business Analyst. The legal department thinks I will have a better chance if they put the job title as 'computer programmer'. Also, the legal tol me that it helps in the long run with Green card approval also, if the job title is computer programmer.

But I am a Business Analyst, though I work with IT. I am perfectly fine with it, if going as a computer programmer helps my green card process.

Just wanted to get someone's opinion on this. Are there any potential problems when I go for stamping or any other scenario where I might get into trouble.

Any response is greatly appreciated. Thanks

great guru said:
If your BS degree is pertaining to Computer Sci or IT, no problem
I have a bachelors in hospitality management from India. I also have an MBA and MS in MIS from the US.

Please help if the job title makes sense. Company's legal are going with the Computer Programmer/ Business Analyst title.

MS MIS will qualify for that position.

Go for "Analyst/Programmer" Title.
Immigstories said:
I have a bachelors in hospitality management from India. I also have an MBA and MS in MIS from the US.

Please help if the job title makes sense. Company's legal are going with the Computer Programmer/ Business Analyst title.