H1 Marries to US Green Card

elprashant

Registered Users (C)
Dear Sir,

I am on H1 here and my wife is on Green Card, We have been legally married in US... My wilfe will become US Citizen in the near future .... once she become US Citizen, we have decided to change my H1 status to Green Card.... I wanted to know what are next steps towards filing Green Card.......

Thanks

Dear Sir,

I am on H1 here and my wife is on Green Card, We have been legally married in US... My wilfe will become US Citizen in the near future .... once she become US Citizen, we have decided to change my H1 status to Green Card.... I wanted to know what are next steps towards filing Green Card.......

Thanks

When will she become a USC, I mean what date ?

Thanks

She will have citizenship test by next month and then she will give oath and then she will become US citizen, well as fas time concern, I guess this will be done by the end of the september 2008..

Please guide me how to proceed for the filing.........

Thanks

in same situation need help

hi,i am in same situation.
I am h1b holder and my wife is GC holder from last 2 years.She will become citizen sometime august,2009.my h1b will expire september 2009.

we r thinking to apply for GC application now and when she becomes citizen we will file change of status for my GC.

what do think is best to do?wait untill she becomes citizen or apply now and just file for adjustment of status when she becomes citizen.thanks in advance for help.
---------------------

She will have citizenship test by next month and then she will give oath and then she will become US citizen, well as fas time concern, I guess this will be done by the end of the september 2008..

Please guide me how to proceed for the filing.........

Thanks

how can she file for citizenship after ONLY 3 years???

I am h1b holder and my wife is GC holder from last 2 years.She will become citizen sometime august,2009.my h1b will expire september 2009.

we r thinking to apply for GC application now and when she becomes citizen we will file change of status for my GC.

what do think is best to do?wait untill she becomes citizen or apply now and just file for adjustment of status when she becomes citizen.thanks in advance for help.
---------------------

Is she ( your "wife") married to a US citizen now???????

I am h1b holder and my wife is GC holder from last 2 years.She will become citizen sometime august,2009.

She has to be a GC holder for 5 years before she can file for citizenship (or within 90 days of 5 years I think). There are only a few exceptions that allow her to file in 3 years - so I think you will need to reexamine exactly when she will be eligible for her citizenship. Plus it may take approximately 1 year from when she files to actually become a citizen - by the time she files, the processing time may change, but right now I think it's approximately 1 year, not taking into account the sudden acceleration people experienced because of it being an election year.