H1/H4 revalidation

rt2003

Registered Users (C)
I changed my job in June, 2002 & received the H1 notice of approval (I-797) in October, 2002. My wife did not not receive her H4 notice of approval yet.
Our visa stamped in passport thru my first employer expired in
september,2002. But we both have I-94 valid till 2004 that we go while reentering.
Can I apply for our H1 & H4 revalidation using my I-797 notice of approval & other documents listed in Dept. of state website except my wife's notice of approval(I-797)?
Thanks.

You cannot apply for revalidation at St.Louis. However with your H1 approval you can apply for h1 and h4 revalidation in a US consulate- canada or home country.

Thanks Jaxen.
Is it because she do not have the H4 approval notice? or any other reason?
Is it possible for me to get my H1 visa revalidated in US(St. Louis)
using my H1 approval notice and later she can get her visa re-issued from a consulate at home country?
Pls. let me know.
Thanks.

becoz she does not have a h4 approval. Yes, you can get it stamped at St. louis and get h4 later. However, if you have not applied for a H4 extension, your spouse's current status is under unclear status and a visa officer might argue that the I94 is no longer valid since you changed H1 and might deny H4.

Best course of action is to apply for H4 extension from within US and travel to home country only after getting the recipt for H4 extension/ transfer. U can do this after getting the h1 visa stamp.
This opinion is a conservative outlook