H1/H4 Extention -- Urgent Please Help

truenblue

Registered Users (C)
Hi
Did anyone here has an experience of filing for H-4 extension (for spouse) (or H1 ext.) from within the US. Can a person apply for H4 extension for his wife by himself ??? :(

Please share your experience and list the steps and docs required for filing process. I wud highly appreciate any help.

thanks

Hi
did anyone here have an experience of filing for H-4 extension (for spouse)
--Many have filed H4 directly you need fill up form I-539 your wife has to sign it, copy of your spouse valid I-94 (both the sides USCIS fees $140 copy of H1B spouse I-94 (both sides and copy of H1 approval notice, copy of marriage certificates and copy of her passport pages and H4 extension should be asked till H1B validity
(or H1 ext.) from within the US.
----- if your are going to extend your H1 then better file through lawyer and with your H1 extension file spouse H4 extension at same time and in same envelope
Can a person apply for H4 extension for his wife by himself ???
---YES

thanks a lot ginnu
Yah my companys' lawyer is going to file my 7th yr H1B extension. I have to either pay for my wife or otherwise file H4 by myself.

<----- if your are going to extend your H1 then better file through lawyer and with your H1 extension file spouse H4 extension at same time and in same envelope>

you mean filing both H1 & H4 around the same time but separately is not advisable ?

How's that if I file for H4 a lil later with the reciept of H1 extension recieved after filing my H1 thru my lawyer?

appreciate your reply

Yah my companies' lawyer is going to file my 7th yr H1B extension. I have to either pay for my wife or otherwise file H4 by myself.

<----- if your are going to extend your H1 then better file through lawyer and with your H1 extension file spouse H4 extension at same time and in same envelope>
------- it is better that you file your wife H4 extension with your H1 extension, employers pay the USCIS fees for H4 extension that has to be paid by you
you mean filing both H1 & H4 around the same time but separately is not advisable ?
----- ----------if you file both at same time then you will get both H1 and H4 at the same time and you both will have new I-94 with same date of expiry. Other reason is that if your H1 extension is not approved and pending and your wife I-94 expires before your H1 gets approved she may be in problems
How's that if I file for H4 a lil later with the receipt of H1 extension received after filing my H1 thru my lawyer?
-------------------- I will not do that because H1extension filing receipt does not mean that your H1 extension is approved. I will file H4 with my H1 extension and will not care about the USCIS fee or lawyer fee for H4 filing. what is the meaning of money if you cant keep your spouse on valid status???

<<-------------------- I will not do that because H1extension filing receipt does not mean that your H1 extension is approved. I will file H4 with my H1 extension and will not care about the USCIS fee or lawyer fee for H4 filing. what is the meaning of money if you cant keep your spouse on valid status???>>

thats abs. rights, but see our gc is pending and have ead/ap so I dont worry much about status, this H1 is being filed just for a backup purpose.
Anyway I have decided to pay for H4 and have my lawyer file for H4 too at the same time.

thanks ginnu.