H1 filing through a consultant

hypersphere

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
This might be an appropriate question for the techies.
I am a CA from India and a CPA in the USA. Despite my work experience in India, I am not being considered for job opening in US because of an unwillingness to file for H1. With the H1 quotas expiring fast, I am kind of desperate. I called a “consultant” and he said they will file for my H1 and assist me with my job search. I have some doubts about this:

-Is it safe for some one in the accounting field to seek a H1 via a consultant? Can it be rejected?
-How do I find the authenticity/credibility of the consultant?
-What issues should I be aware of before I go ahead?
-I know that when I go for visa stamping, the descripencies on my LCA and tax returns/pay stubs might be problematic. Can this be avoided?

Any help and guidance from the group will be greatly appretiated!

Thanks you,
Jenny.

hypersphere said:
Hi All,
This might be an appropriate question for the techies.
I am a CA from India and a CPA in the USA. Despite my work experience in India, I am not being considered for job opening in US because of an unwillingness to file for H1. With the H1 quotas expiring fast, I am kind of desperate. I called a “consultant” and he said they will file for my H1 and assist me with my job search. I have some doubts about this:

-Is it safe for some one in the accounting field to seek a H1 via a consultant? Can it be rejected?
-------------- if the consultant files H1 as your Employer and can pay your wages it can be done
-How do I find the authenticity/credibility of the consultant?
-What issues should I be aware of before I go ahead?
----------------- He/she may ask money and may not file H1 or later say H1 got rejected. If I am in your situation I prefer the H1 to be filed by US employer
-I know that when I go for visa stamping, the descripencies on my LCA and tax returns/pay stubs might be problematic.
Can this be avoided?
---------- NO, they check everything
Any help and guidance from the group will be greatly appretiated!

Thanks you,
Jenny.

Looking for H1 sponsorship

Hi,
I am also looking for a H1B sponsorship, but my case is different. I am in legal field, I have done Masters in Law from India and currently pursuing an ABA approved Paralegal Program. I am looking for a Law staffing services who could sponsor for a H1B for me , even I am ready for sponsoring myself the filing fees but still I am unable to find one.
Please help!! if anyone know about such law staffing services who sponsor H1b visas..