H1 Extension application after final date

bharatpremi

Registered Users (C)
Hi Gurus,

My 8th year H1 Extension limit is going to be over soon (Hypothetical date 03-XX-2007.) If my employer does not file for 9th year extension before this date what can happen? Can we file for extension after 03-XX-2007?

Thanks.

- BharatPremi

Last edited by a moderator:
You must file your renewal application ( you can do it 4 months early) before expiry of your I 94.

If you submit your renewal petition after expiry of I 94, you are no more in status to renew any other status.

Hi Gurus,

My 8th year H1 Extension limit is going to be over soon (Hypothetical date 03-XX-2007.) If my employer does not file for 9th year extension before this date what can happen? Can we file for extension after 03-XX-2007?

Thanks.

- BharatPremi

Thanks Great Guru. You are Correct. I know that law. I submitted all my docs to my employer 2 months back but they have not filed them yet. They jsut sent all docs to the lawyer and still I am waiting for some forms need to be signed by my spouse. I have a fear that probably it will be delayed beyond final date. In case if this happens what could be the choice?

You must file your renewal application ( you can do it 4 months early) before expiry of your I 94.

If you submit your renewal petition after expiry of I 94, you are no more in status to renew any other status.

Question Regarding some statements about H1b extension fees for attorney

If Attorney says charges as follows:-
"$750 for employers of 25 or less employees,
$1,500 if 26+ employees (this fee is waived in case of a 2nd or subsequent extension with the same employer)"

If one has to apply for 7th year h1b extension with the same employer(with 26+ employees) will it be 2nd extension i.e.$1,500 will be waived(Bcos 1st extension is when one filed for next 3 year period out of 6 yrs) OR it will be 1st extension i.e. one will pay $1,500.

Many Thanks

If Attorney says charges as follows:-
"$750 for employers of 25 or less employees,
$1,500 if 26+ employees (this fee is waived in case of a 2nd or subsequent extension with the same employer)"

If one has to apply for 7th year h1b extension with the same employer(with 26+ employees) will it be 2nd extension i.e.$1,500 will be waived(Bcos 1st extension is when one filed for next 3 year period out of 6 yrs) OR it will be 1st extension i.e. one will pay $1,500.

Many Thanks

Rita,

Your query does not match with the main theme of this thread. Would you please open up a new thread ?

You may get a new H1 renewal with no I 94, in this case you have to go out to stamp the visa to restrt your job with new I 94

I 94 validity is very important.

Thanks Great Guru. You are Correct. I know that law. I submitted all my docs to my employer 2 months back but they have not filed them yet. They jsut sent all docs to the lawyer and still I am waiting for some forms need to be signed by my spouse. I have a fear that probably it will be delayed beyond final date. In case if this happens what could be the choice?