H1 Extension and I 129

Balrog1978

Registered Users (C)
I keep reading that For H1 Extension we require the I 129 to present at Consulate. I have the I797 Notice of Approval for Extension, and my original I 129. I read that there is an I129 for the extension IN ADDITION TO I129 for original H1.

I have the I-129 for my original H1 but NOT for the extension. Is this an issue or does the documentation refer to the I-129 for the original H1 only?

I keep reading that For H1 Extension we require the I 129 to present at Consulate. I have the I797 Notice of Approval for Extension, and my original I 129. I read that there is an I129 for the extension IN ADDITION TO I129 for original H1.

I have the I-129 for my original H1 but NOT for the extension.
----------------Get it from lawyer who filed extension
Is this an issue or does the documentation refer to the I-129 for the original H1 only?

When H1 for you was filed first time and it got approved then you were provided H1 approval notice and certified copy (certified by lawyer who filed H1) of form I-129 and copy of LCA.
If your employer filed H1 extension then for extension new I-129 was sent to USCIS.

You need the latest H1 approval AND the certified copy of I-129 or H1 extension petition Package for H1 Visa stamping. Ask your lawyer to provide you certified I-129 Package that was sent to USCIS as Lawyer has the copy with him.