H1 expires 6 months after residency

criticalcure

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I am doing my residency in IM. My h1b 6 yrs expire 6 months after I finish residency.

1. If I find an employer to file my LC when I finish, will 6 months be enough for the LC to come through?..and will I be safe for H1B extensions if my LC does come through in those 6 months?
2. Is it possible to have a future employer file for LC 6 months before completion of residency(not BE or BC at that time) so that I have 1 year pending application at the end of 6 years?
3. I have spent time out of the country while on H status on vacations while still on payroll. Will those be deducted from my 6 years?
4. Do I have to be licensed in the state of employment for employer to file for LC, or is full license in any state OK?
5. If the LC is filed and does not come through in 6 months and my H1 expires...if I leave the country for 1 year, will my green card process continue?
6. Do I have any other options to help me in this situation?

I would greatly appreciate any help with this complicated situation. Thanks.

criticalcure said:
Hi,
I am doing my residency in IM. My h1b 6 yrs expire 6 months after I finish residency.

1. If I find an employer to file my LC when I finish, will 6 months be enough for the LC to come through?..and will I be safe for H1B extensions if my LC does come through in those 6 months? 6 months not enough. Catch hold of a sponser early2. Is it possible to have a future employer file for LC 6 months before completion of residency(not BE or BC at that time) so that I have 1 year pending application at the end of 6 years? YEs. Make sure you need min 6 months before you file PERM. Means you have to start LC process 18 months before to get 7th year extn3. I have spent time out of the country while on H status on vacations while still on payroll. Will those be deducted from my 6 years? You can recapture it 4. Do I have to be licensed in the state of employment for employer to file for LC, or is full license in any state OK? Check with state EDD department.5. If the LC is filed and does not come through in 6 months and my H1 expires...if I leave the country for 1 year, will my green card process continue? GC continues6. Do I have any other options to help me in this situation? Find a good sposner early. Do not wait
I would greatly appreciate any help with this complicated situation. Thanks.