H1 Doubt PLEASE HELP !!!!

rajiv3268

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

Please guide me in my situation.

I am on OPT right now which is valid thru May 2008. I have already applied for H1 through Company A in April this year. I got a job offer from Company B recently. I would like to join Company B and start working for it on my OPT. Company A failed to provide job for me so I wish to transfer my H1 (once after it is approved) to Company B. Now I have the following questions:

1. What happens to my OPT after I get approved for H1 through Company A?
2. Do I have to stop working for Company B as soon as I get my H1?
3. Can I transfer the H1 I get for Company A to Company B without any paystubs?
4. Can I refuse the H1 and continue to work for Company B on my OPT and then apply for fresh H1 in 2008?
5. Is there any possibility for Company A to cancel my status and make me go back to India?

Please help. I am totally lost and confused.....:confused:

Thanks in advance for any help..

Raj.

z
Hello,

I am on OPT right now which is valid thru May 2008. I have already applied for H1 through Company A in April this year. I got a job offer from Company B recently. I would like to join Company B and start working for it on my OPT. Company A failed to provide job for me so I wish to transfer my H1 (once after it is approved) to Company B. Now I have the following questions:

1. What happens to my OPT after I get approved for H1 through Company A? You are no more with OPT status, you are only in H1 status.
2. Do I have to stop working for Company B as soon as I get my H1? YES3. Can I transfer the H1 I get for Company A to Company B without any paystubs? Yes, that is next day of the approval.
4. Can I refuse the H1 and continue to work for Company B on my OPT and then apply for fresh H1 in 2008? Yes. But your comp A attorney only withdraw the application, before its approval
5. Is there any possibility for Company A to cancel my status and make me go back to India? Yes, if you delay your H1 transfer after approval, of comp A h1 .. How are you going to know your H1 is approved and When?. How are you going to get the approval notice with I 94 at the bottom the from comp A.

Raj.

z
Hello,

1. What happens to my OPT after I get approved for H1 through Company A? You are no more with OPT status, you are only in H1 status.
2. Do I have to stop working for Company B as soon as I get my H1? YES3. Can I transfer the H1 I get for Company A to Company B without any paystubs? Yes, that is next day of the approval.
4. Can I refuse the H1 and continue to work for Company B on my OPT and then apply for fresh H1 in 2008? Yes. But your comp A attorney only withdraw the application, before its approval
5. Is there any possibility for Company A to cancel my status and make me go back to India? Yes, if you delay your H1 transfer after approval, of comp A h1 .. How are you going to know your H1 is approved and When?. How are you going to get the approval notice with I 94 at the bottom the from comp A.

Raj.