H1-B Visa will cause B-1 Cancled?

shubhamshrestha

Well one company has offered me for H1-B Visa.

Now currently I currently hold B1 visa from other company. When I go for interview of H1 will my H1 Visa will be canceled ?

I am worried about this as may be I get Visa in Oct and Join that new company in later in FEB till that time I am still working for my old company and if they wish to send me for some work can they do so?

Another Question is that can I ask my employer to withdraw my application of H1-B visa in case I am not interested anymore? What is the impact if any ?

There is a hgh chance that old visa on passport will be cancelled when you obtain the new one.

Employer can cancel your H1B.

My B1 got cancelled witha stamping "CANCELLED WITHOUT ANY PREJUDICE" at the time when i went for my H1 stamping at Bombay consulate. Cancellation takes place when u go for H1 stamping - a formality.
However, you cannot hold 2 visas at the same time...

(I am not a legal expert - one among you , so only offering information based on my experience..)

Last edited by a moderator:
However, you cannot hold 2 visas at the same time...

Just a clarification from my end...

One can have multiple visas at the same time.

If the OP wants to use the B1 later, he/she may request the VO not to cancel the valid B1 at the time of H1 interview. It's the applicants resposibility to make sure that a valid visa remaines valid (not cancelled without prejudice) if he/she wants to use it later.

I second that. One can hold two visas of different categories as long as they don't conflict (say L1 and H1 will be a conflict). B1/H1 at the same time on the passport is legal and allowed and many people have done that.