H1-B visa stamping in Tijuana on 2/14/2007

irislogic

Registered Users (C)
Hello,
I have an appointment for H1-B visa stamping in Tijuana on 2/14/2007. I live in Los Angeles and plan to leave the evening of the previous day or 14th early morning. Let me know if anyone has an appointment on the same day and would be interested in joining me to Tijuana for H1-B visa stamping.

Thanks

Hello,

I am thinking of getting H1B visa revalidatrion done at Tijuana consulate. I have not made any appointment. My question is-Do you need to have Mexican visa to goto Tijuana ,I have Indian passport. I am planning to go there for my 7th year h1b visa extension.I am from Orange county.

Thanks,
Mercy1

You dont require a Mexican Visa, at least I am not applying one. However, a mexican visitor permit can be obtained at the border checkpost when going to Tijuana.

Hi,

Even I am planning to take appointment at Tijuana for H1-Extension.I live in SFO.

How far it is from border and do we need to drive?
Can we get brokers who can take us to Consulate and get Visa Stamping as we have near Texas?

Any idea ? Also, Which airport is close to it in US so that I can fly from SFO to its border.

Thanks in advance,
Srinath

San Diego.

If you drive, I believe you can park near the border and take a walk to Tijuana and then take a yellow cab to the US consulate.

H1 B stamping appt on Feb 14 in Tijuana

Hi,

I have it on the same date. I guess we can plan and go together, let me know

irislogic said:
Hello,
I have an appointment for H1-B visa stamping in Tijuana on 2/14/2007. I live in Los Angeles and plan to leave the evening of the previous day or 14th early morning. Let me know if anyone has an appointment on the same day and would be interested in joining me to Tijuana for H1-B visa stamping.

Thanks

Hi,

Iam also palnning to take an Appointment in Tijuana,I live in SFO ,could please any one know what are the best available dates ,if I apply now will I get the dates for April 1st week and what is the official web site to apply.
Will the whole Visa process will be finished with in an day or do we need to stay more ?
@Srinath did u got ur appointment ? if so for which date ?

Please advice

Thanks
-Sam

You get to know the available dates when you go through the appointment process.The person who set the appointment lately will have some idea of availability window

As far as the processing is concerned, their website says 1-2 days. But I believe most/everyone received the visa stamped passport on the same day.

Thanks a lot for the information...!
I just got an appointment on April 16th and my friend got the Appointment on April 2nd at Tijuana.
We both are planning to go on April 2nd but the slots are full ..Iam trying my Luck every day...
Do any one know what would be the ideal time to login to try my luck...

Thanks
-Sam

Last edited by a moderator:
H1-B visa stamping in Tijuana on 2/15/2007

Hi,

I have an appointment for H1-B visa stamping in Tijuana on thursday 2/15/2007. Please let me know if anyone has an appointment on the same day and would be interested in joining me to Tijuana from San Diego.

Thanks

Hi,
I have an Appontment at Tijuana on April 2nd.
I am in BayArea and let me know if any one wants to join me.

Thanks
-Sam..

need some info

irislogic said:
Hello,

Thanks

Hi,

i have my appointment the next day on 15th. Just wondering if i can talk to you on 14th night or 15th morning.

thanks !

Hello Irislogic and blupri,

Hope you guys got the stamping done successfully today !!

Please share your experience.

I have a couple of questions.
I see on the consulate website that it is moved to new address Diego Rivera #2 in Zona Rio, Tijuana. I guess this place must be near the old address , could you guys confirm?

what is the exact total to be paid at Benamax?

Did you get the passport back the same day?
thank you both

LCstat

Visa fee is $108

For H1-B stamping, you need to go to the Zona Rio office

Collected passport back the same day!!!

Hi Irislogic,

Thanks for the information...!
Is the Bank near by the Consulate to pay the Visa Fee...?

Do we required any Spanish Request Letter to show to the Consulate(I just saw that in one of the Agents website).

Can you please let us know which is the nearest Hotel in Sandeago to the Mexico Border...? so that I can plan my trip accordingly...

What are questions by consulate...?

Inputs will be very helpful ...!

Thanks,
-Sam..

H1B stamping went very smoothly

Documents that i took:

DS156, DS157
Passport, One Passport photo(just in case, normally they take a photo)
H1-B petition approval notice, I-797
Around $250 cash (in 1s,5s,10s, & 20s) for visa fees ($107+$6) and travel expenses (cab, etc)
Tax returns for previous years, if any
Recent pay stubs, bank statements for last 3 to 4 months, employment verification
School transcripts, diplomas
All US immigration documents such as all previous I20’s, approval notices (I-797s)
Manager contact info (preferably a visiting card)
Appointment letter for the interview

Process:

We don’t need a visa to mexico, just park the car at the last US exit and walk across the border. There are 2 metal doors & Taxi cab drivers will approach and take you to the US consulate for $6 USD.

The bank is 15min walk from the consualte & opens at 9am. It is across the plaza rio mall. After getting the application fee recipt ($107) come back to the consulate in a cab ($2 or 3) & show the gaurd the appt. letter. He will let u in. Inside there was a person who was guiding H1B people to a counter.
It happened very fast, my appt was at 10:00 & i finished the interview & was out by 9:45a.m! After that we went to watch a movi at the mall across the banamex bank.Before i realized evrything was done. The Visa officer asked me questions abt my company products, my job duties, my previous job, my graduate school & then asked me to collect the passport at 3pm (no need to pay another fee).

Evening collected the passport & went to the border. Here at the port of entry building it took more than an hour to get new I94 (we pay $6 here) & the immigration officer asked a few q's abt my job, company. Then went to the customs. That's it back to US again.

I was very nervous but it all went very smoothly.

Some useful info.

BanAmex branch close to the consualte(it is across a mall called plaza rio)
Branch: CM TIJUANA PLAZA RIO,BC
Branch Number: 4019
Street: PASEO DE LOS HEROES No. 95 C
Neighborhood: ZONA DEL RIO
Phone: (664) 8 - 15 - 71 - 24
Fax: (664) 91 - 48 - 15 - 71 - 24
City/Precinct: TIJUANA
State: BAJA CALIFORNIA NORTE
ZIP Code: 22320

Consulate Address:
Diego Rivera #2
Zona Rio 22320
Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico

Telephone:
(664) 634-3045
(Dialing from the U.S. 011-52 + phone number)

Hope this helps!

Hi Guys...!

Thanx a lot for your Valuable and Updated information,this will really help us to understand whole scene there....!

Thanks again for your time..

-Sam

"We don’t need a visa to mexico"

we means - people from India on H1b going for stamping for 7th or 7th+ year visa with EAD, with just 140 approval?

H1B Stamping at Tijuana on April 20 2007

I am having visa appointment on 04/20/2007 at Tijuana, Mexico. Is any one having visa interview on that day.

Thanks in advance