H1-B Visa Stamping Experience in Chennai consulate

kulboy

Registered Users (C)
Hi recently i attended h1 visa in chennai consulate and had a strange experience and wanna share my thoughts and wann check any one in the same boat and what could be the next possible steps..

the vo asked just 4 questions
1. what is degree
2. who is your present empl
3. for which employer you will be working in US
4. what are your job duties

and i was given 221g saying your company is not well of to financially support you and no query or any thing marked in the form given
and strange exp to me can any one lead me if any clues as how i can proceed

What were your answers to those questions? Perhaps they rejected you because your company did not sound legitimate or that your education did not look relevant to your potential work in the US. If you can provide more info about your qualifications and the job details, someone can help you.

Hi see below for the replies..
1. what is degree
I said Masters degree in Computer application
2. who is your present empl
xx comany name is a reputed company
3. for which employer you will be working in US
xx consulting which has around 100 employees working
4. what are your job duties
i said i w'd be working as programmer analyst on thier proj blah blah...

is any one is same situation??
i appreciate your reponse as iam really distressed as what to do next...

H1 extension issue in chennai consulate, stuck in chennai for 6 extra weeks

Hi all,

I came to Chennai for my vacation cum first time H1 extension @ the Chennai consulate, I attended my interview on Dec 10,2008, I submitted my papers the officer took a look and asked me to wait a while and then called me back and said its all good to go expect your passport in 5 days through the courier system. Its been almost 6 weeks till date (out of which only 22 days was working days for the consulate ) and the only update I receive when I call/email them is that "administrative process pending" we don't require anything from your end kindly wait another 3-4business days. I was expected to join work on the 29th Dec and I've postpone my tickets for good and scare of loosing my project now. My case is all clear and straightforward, stable company, currently on project, 485 peding, EAD/AP approved, clean record, 1st H1 stamping was in Chennai consulate.

1. Would it be a security check or name check or PIMS being done ( I have a simple christian name)?

2. Can expect 221G sometime soon ( wouldn't this be issued at the interview itself), can it come later as well?

3. Thinking of using my AP to travel but when talking to the attorney she said if security check is pending even using an AP i would be sent back at the border stating my case's security check is pending as it would be flagged.

No update from the consulate is really stressful. Has anyone gone through this ever, kindly advice. Thanks in advance!

~Gerald~:confused:

More updates on my H1 ext. - 221g I guess - Please help!

hi all,

More info on my situation but my case as its kinda weird, attended interview at chennai consulate on dec10th for h1 extension (though I have vaid AP/EAD), i been in US since 2004 in status always on project till date. The VO as soon as he saw my papers took me separate from the que and didn't ask me a single question, just said you'll receive ur visa in 5days its all good to go. No 221g pink/blue form nothing, but the VO retained my passport, 797 etc,. Planned to travel dec29th cancelled tickets. When I emailed them I've been told my case is in administrative processing and they don't require anything from me, based on my attorney's advice I had asked my HR to send the consulate an email for which my employer received the same reply that was sent to me. Two weeks after that the consulate has emailed my employer abt my client info,project desc., my roles and responsibilities (not sure what else my employer was asked for as he didn't reveal when asked), my employer fwded the client info I'd sent him last week. No updates till date. Anyone in similar situation?

Questions:

- Will my client be contacted for further verification if so any ETA?

- I have my AP and EAD can I travel now?

- To travel I need my passport how do I request it from the consulate?

- If i request my passport will my H1 be withdrawn or denied?

- If H1 denied and I still travel using AP will I have issues in the border?

Thanks for your help guys,

-Gerald