H1-B Renewal

ykchakri

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My H1-B is expiring on September 15th. My attorney is planning to send the renewal papers to INS on 8th (hopefully). How much time is it taking these days to get the recipt from INS (regular processing) ? Will I be out of status if I don't get the recipt by 15th ? Do I need to go with premium processing ?
Please let me now.

ykchakri said:
Hi,

My H1-B is expiring on September 15th. My attorney is planning to send the renewal papers to INS on 8th (hopefully).
--File extension ASAP through Fedex it must reach USCIS BEFORE I-94 gets expire
How much time is it taking these days to get the recipt from INS (regular processing) ?
----Filing reciept is generated in 10-15 days and depends on service center
Will I be out of status if I don't get the recipt by 15th ?
--no, once you get proof that you filed H1 extension Before I-94 expiry date you will be in status
Do I need to go with premium processing ?
-- you can do that and will get H1 extension approved in 15-20 days
Please let me now.

ykchakri said:
Hi,

My H1-B is expiring on September 15th. My attorney is planning to send the renewal papers to INS on 8th (hopefully). How much time is it taking these days to get the recipt from INS (regular processing) ?
depending on service center and their workloads - any between a week to few months.
Will I be out of status if I don't get the recipt by 15th ?
NO. and you can continue working upto 240days based on "timely" h1 extension filing. issue is if the extension is not filed properly or if the processing fee is incorrect uscis may reject the h1 filing which will immediately put you out of status and will prevent you continue to work. its better to file extension well in advanceDo I need to go with premium processing ? better option
Please let me now.