H1 B questions

krishnanKk

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I got my H1 approved. I have my stamping date coming up in a few days. I have a few questions here.
I work for Wipro and am getting my H1 processed by a small company. I am still on the payrolls of Wipro.
My question is would they question me as to why i am doing this(getting my H1 processed by a small company) and who is my client for whom i am going to work and stuff like like that. And company B which proicessed my H1 has enterd the application as if my spouse is not in USA which is not the case ( without my knowledge. In the form Comp B gave me to fill i mentioned clearly that my spouse is in US). Would consulate cross check that with the spouse's passport number in my passport.
What should be answers if i face with any of the issues mentioned above.

Appreciate your suggestions

krishnanKk said:
Hi,

I got my H1 approved. I have my stamping date coming up in a few days. I have a few questions here.
I work for Wipro and am getting my H1 processed by a small company. I am still on the payrolls of Wipro.
My question is would they question me as to why i am doing this(getting my H1 processed by a small company)
They have better questions to ask you?
and who is my client for whom i am going to work and stuff like like that. And company B which proicessed my H1 has enterd the application as if my spouse is not in USA which is not the case ( without my knowledge. In the form Comp B gave me to fill i mentioned clearly that my spouse is in US). Would consulate cross check that with the spouse's passport number in my passport.

While applying your visa, fill up the form properly and tick that your spouse is in US. That is the only document you can declare that your relatives are in US. No other documents call for your relatives information.
What should be answers if i face with any of the issues mentioned above.

Appreciate your suggestions

Hi,
Thanks a lot for your reply.
In the visa form, Comapny B filled that my Husband is not in US.
Would it back fire??

Unless you go to the Mumbai consulate, the consulate hasn't seen the visa application yet, at least not officially. You can always fill a new form and take it in place of the one with mistakes. The (electronic) visa forms are available online (search for DS156) and filling them up is kids play. If you are not up to it, just inform company B of the mistake and ask them to fix it.

Apparently Company B wantedly did this so as to improve my chances of getting H1 approved. I have forced them to correct it. I do not want to get in to a situation where I will never get any type of Visa approved becuase of my lack of credetability.

can any one suggest what would be the general questions that iwill be faced with under my situation, where my spouse is in US and i am going for stamping along with my kid.
Will by chances be hampered by my spouse been in US

Thanks

krishnanKk said:
can any one suggest what would be the general questions that iwill be faced with under my situation, where my spouse is in US and i am going for stamping along with my kid.
Will by chances be hampered by my spouse been in US

Thanks

You did not mention your spouse's immigration status, however since H1 is dual intent, the chances of rejection are almost nil (except in cases of fraud).

Hi,
Just had another problem. The system does not allow me to change the spouse's status as i have stamping less than 7 days. Do i need to postpone the stamping as my spouse's status is mentioned wrongly or tell them when they ask me about it in the interview that it was a mistake. Please suggest quickly