H1 B - Normal Vs Premium Process

malanaveen

H1 B - Normal Vs Premium Process !!!!!!!!!

H1 B - Normal Vs Premium Process !!!!!

Hi ,

I just got a job and the company is willing to do my H1. The papers were sent to the INS on the 9th of Aug. The H1 has been filed in the normal process and not in premium process. I have a few questions on that

1.Will it affect my getting an approval if i have applied well within the 58,000 limit???
2. Also what if i am the 57, 998 th person to apply and then 2 more people apply in the premium process , will tthis push me out of the quota limit ?>?? i am very very worried. Should I push my employer to do a premium process???

My main concern is not about getting an early approval , it is about whether or not i will be in the quota and will i get an approval ..time is no constraint. ?

P.S : My documents have already reached vermont and they are probably going to encash my cheque within the next few days.

Any input on this regard will be immensly appreciated. Thank you so much.

MN

Last edited by a moderator:
malanaveen said:
H1 B - Normal Vs Premium Process !!!!!

Hi ,

I just got a job and the company is willing to do my H1. The papers were sent to the INS on the 9th of Aug. The H1 has been filed in the normal process and not in premium process. I have a few questions on that

1.Will it affect my getting an approval if i have applied well within the 58,000 limit???

Because every day each and every servie center H1bs are filed, what the count you are getting is not the current one may be 2 or 3 days old or week old.
Did you get your petition receipt, if so what was the petition date.? Suppose petition date is Aug 21, you may not get your H1.

This kind of situation you should have paid $1000 to attorney to make it premium. Worth spending on time.

If it is premium, the petitions are handled in different section, as soon as they receive the petition the details will go to the system with in one or two days and your receipt numbers generated and receipt also ready for despatch.

But normal process the petition will reach respective service center, the contract workers will open the envelope at their own time and start entering in to the system (Usually 1 or 2 weeK), but last minute rush, may be high volume and applications piling up in the mail room but unopened.

If the other service center open the mails and start entering the petition in to the system, people applying on the same date one will get it, another one from unfortunate service center loose the quota.

2. Also what if i am the 57, 998 th person to apply and then 2 more people apply in the premium process , will tthis push me out of the quota limit ?>?? i am very very worried. Should I push my employer to do a premium process???

My main concern is not about getting an early approval , it is about whether or not i will be in the quota and will i get an approval ..time is no constraint. ?

P.S : My documents have already reached vermont and they are probably going to encash my cheque within the next few days. Did you get receipt notice? What was the petition date on it? That is the date counts.
Any input on this regard will be immensly appreciated. Thank you so much.

MN

Hi Great guru,

Thanks so much for ur reply. welll the person who sent the papers to vermont said that the documents have reached the place and that they have a confirmation on that from fed ex. I dont know about the petition number. also my concern about h1 is driving them up the wall i guess. They have asked me not to worry and said that usually the h1 will surely come through. i simply dont know what to do. please do advice. :confused:

thanks

mn

malanaveen said:
Hi Great guru,

Thanks so much for ur reply. welll the person who sent the papers to vermont said that the documents have reached the place and that they have a confirmation on that from fed ex.

Read my posting once again. Your FedEx may be sleeping in the mail room.
Unless it is opened and enter into the system and receipt number and receipt is generated with petition date, you are not sure about your H1.

I dont know about the petition number. also my concern about h1 is driving them up the wall i guess. They have asked me not to worry and said that usually the h1 will surely come through. i simply dont know what to do. please do advice. :confused:

thanks

mn

Strotti said:
Hi !

I got a notice today from my lawyer too. I asked the same like you. FedEx arrived and i dont need to be worried. I have Premium Progressing Service. Wish you good luck ... and hope we dont need to wait so long.

Greetings

Strotti
Strotti Are you OK. This post, you are posting you filed under Premium Process but in the next posting your conflicting your statement.

Think and write before posting anything.

Hi,

My H1b petition papers were sent to VSC on Aug 1 (Fri) but maybe VSC got it Aug 4 (Mon). We requested for premium processing. More than a week after, we have not received any filing receipt number. What is causing the delay of notifying about the number? Also, is it possible that the receipt number will not come or it will just go with the approval/non-approval? Pls help!!!!! The waiting is killing me and considering we are under the premium processing. Thanks in advance!

Sorry, I need to correct them dates....sending is July 29th (Fri) and SVC may have received the documents on Aug 1 (Mon)..... :)

You will get a receipt notice and case number when USCIS opens your FedEx. Have you spoken to your lawyer about it? Maybe they received the number but are not telling you, and waiting until the petition gets approved?

Yes, asked your lawyer. I wrote my one today and now i have my Case Nr. he got it on friday and didn't send it to me.

Now i can see hourly my STATUS :p

Thanks Strotti and Kayzeeturk!!!! The dates you have provided on the progress of ur case are very inspiring too. Hope I'll get my approval soon. Well, the receipt number first maybe. I'll ask the lawyer about it!

I'll keep u posted.