H1-B lawyer referral

kvreddy

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I have a small home office software consulting company with 7 employees. All are working and getting paid regularly. I have all documentation for the company and employees perfectly.

Recently I hired a H1-B person from India. We got H1. When we sent him to Consulate for stamping, they are asking for

1. All employees project and client details
2. Justification to hire the new H1 be employee.
3. Photos of petitioners and intended place of work.

1. First one is ok.
2. I can justify the hiring as I have a client client interviewed him and issued a Purchase Order to hire him
3. I will show clients work place as intended place of work. But how about petitioners place of work? I can't have a big office for seven employees who work in client place.
Is it ok to show my home office as the company office. Will it be detrimental to the issueance of visa?

Also, My immigration lawyer is lousy to answer the query. Can any one refer a good lawyer to answer the query.

Thanks

The problem many have with Murthy office these days is that they do not spend time to listen to your problem/issues and even if you fax them your problem/ issues they never keep that fax or your email print out before them to reply to your problem or issues, when you visit Murthy again you have to refresh about your case or questions and then you waste10-15 minutes in that. One of her client visited her from NJ recently and after driving 3 hours. He met Murthy and she did not remember what were his concerns, no one from her office updated her, she did not have any email printout with her before she can answer to his problems. He had taken appointment 10 days advance to meet her, sent the fax and email about issues he wanted to discuss, he paid her all the fees when Murthy law office filed his papers with BCIS. 10 minutes he wasted for refreshing the case details to Sheela Murthy and she was noting down on paper and after replaying to his concerns one or 2 questions the time was over and immediately other attorney from her office called her for the meeting. He came back dejected from her office. He is her client; Sheela Murthy law office filed his papers 6 months back. I never expected this kind of behavior from a very good attorney. I was surprised to know about this and please confirm with her law office before you hire. The other problem faced by some one is that they attorney who handle you case is shifted to other department or they leave Murthy law office and then new attorney does not go through your file again to address your questions. 8-9 months back it was not the problem many of her clients used to get reply by email to his/her concerns from the particular attorney who is handling his/her case in Murthy law office.
Ask the all info in advance if you are going to hire her services. No doubt she is very good attorney she conducts free chat and many answers are beneficial to immigration community. Many have good exp with her office. May be paralegal staff does not update her or the concerned attorneys.

But, How about Consulate?

Is it a requirement to have a physical office to hire a H1-B worker? My intenstion of hiring him is to place at client location.

In the answer to RFE if I say we don't have a office of our own can they reject visa? If so, do we have right to appeal?

venkat

But, How about Consulate?

Is it a requirement to have a physical office to hire a H1-B worker? My intention of hiring him is to place at client location.
--- I hope you need physical office, but I am not sure you should discuss the matter with your lawyer
In the answer to RFE if I say we don't have a office of our own can they reject visa?
----- they can for any reason
If so, do we have right to appeal?
----- Appeal papers first go to the same BCIS office and then to Washington DC, you will need a good lawyer to argue with evidence