H1 - B Correction petition

ramkris

Registered Users (C)
Hi ,

My H1 - b was approved one year back. But the problem is the expiration date is wrong. So my attaorney appliedd for a correction more than a year back to the nebrask service center. The form used was Form G-731N.

we did not hear anything yet from the INS. usually how much time does it take for correction of H1-B. Did anyone has the same probelm before. If so can you please tell me how you got it corrected and which forms u used.

Thank you

yes... that is what my attorney used for correction petition --> G-731N form.

I looked into that form too and it says use page 1 for general Inquiry and page 2 for permanent resident card inquiry of this FORM.

My attorney used page 1 and checked the box

NOTICE CORRECTION - Attach copy of the Notice with the requested corrections noted.

Can you confirm for sure if we have to use I-129 for correction? or can u suggest where I can look for correct information?

Thank you

Thanks for your insight.

I also found that we can use I-102 form for the correction on I-94 on H1-B approval notice. But it takes more time.

can we just file a 1-129 amendment instead, may be in Premium processing?

Thanks again for your help

If it's the mistake on CIS, fee is free and you had better file it. If it's mistake on your side, you have to pay the fee , so make it clear whether it's their mistake or not.
I don't think premium processing is required as you already got approval.

You should make a decision based on lawyer's suggestion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am out of luck. My attorney is not ready to do anything and is not going to apply again a I-102. all she says is you will be in status dont worry about it. As long as you have the correction petition document, you are fine even if I or my fiancee attend the consulate for extending my visa....or getting H4 visa

I am :mad:

But You have been very helpful. Thanks a lot!

ramkris said:
I am out of luck. My attorney is not ready to do anything and is not going to apply again a I-102. all she says is you will be in status dont worry about it. As long as you have the correction petition document, you are fine even if I or my fiancee attend the consulate for extending my visa....or getting H4 visa
Yeah, obviously the attorney screwed it up.
But I think it is true that you are in status and you can file extension when the current one expires.