H1 approved without I94

mmaa

Registered Users (C)
Hi
 My H1 petition got approved but extension of status was denied. The petition came without an I94 at the bottom. I am planning to travel to Canada and enter with a new I94. My old stamping with valid until 2003. So I am told I can reenter with it.
Somebody told me if i drive to Canada they won\'t give me a new I94. Do I have to fly for it.

Please advise

do I need stamping

Hi,
Did you get your new I94.please reply me immediatley with all the detaions.
I\'d applied for my h1b transfer few months ago.I\'ve been working since I got my Lin number with the company which has applied for my visa transfer.Now I got my H1B approval.INS gave me a new H1B approval(with the column classconsulate as H1b chennai).

1.Do I have to get it stamped in my home country consulate (or)

2. can I just leave the country and return back holding my new approval for I94(my previous visa stamping in my passport is still valid till mar\'2003)
3.if th answer to question 2 is yes then do I have to my home country or can I go to canada and return back.

Thanks in advance

OPT = Optional Practical Training

This is given for a year for people who have gone to school on a F1 status... You can work for the period show on the OPT card which is normaly a year.... within which most people change their status to a working visa like H1B or L1...
Hope that explains....

I have a similar question...

If I have a h1B from company A and I apply for a NEW h1B for company B as I would like to retain the one for company A and I dont get my I94.

Can I still work for company B since I will have the I94 from the visa i got for company A???

Thanks

No Title

OPT = Optional Practical Training This is given for a year for people who have gone to school on a F1 status... You can work for the period show on the OPT card which is normaly a year.... within which most people change their status to a working visa like H1B or L1... Hope that explains.... I have a similar question... If I have a h1B from company A and I apply for a NEW h1B for company B as I would like to retain the one for company A and I dont get my I94. Can I still work for company B since I will have the I94 from the visa i got for company A??? Thanks

src1 : No

I94s are specific to a approval notice (and employer). U cannot use company A I94 to work with comapny B. If you do not get I94 with your approval, you have to leave US , get new I94 at the POE and then only start working for company B.

src1 : No

I94s are specific to a approval notice (and employer). U cannot use company A I94 to work with comapny B. If you do not get I94 with your approval, you have to leave US , get new I94 at the POE and then only start working for company B.

I94

I went to canada and came back with a new I94. I didn't get the new visa stamped.
thanks for all the help

Re: I94

No need to get you PP Stamped untill one after your current H1B (with previous employer) expires. You can have it stamped in USA later.

Originally posted by mmaa
I went to canada and came back with a new I94. I didn't get the new visa stamped.
thanks for all the help

new I-94

mmaa

Do you fly or drive to Canada? And what documents should i bring along; just in case the immigration officer will ask for it at the port of entry?

By the way, do you know the reason for you did not get a new I-94? Mine should be the expiration of my passport.