H1 approval taking too long

pwagaj said:
All,
Average time for Nebraska service center is more than 4 months.
Why not to try for Premium one then?

I had a driving license isssue so I applied for premium even I had 2 months before original H1B was expiring. Got it approved within week.
Also you can make your case premium at any time after you applied under regular processing.

thanks
pw

pwagaj,
What was your driving license issue?

If H1B Extension doesn't get approved before I-94 Expiry, Comapany letter should give Driving License renewal. Is n't it true?

Can experienced guys statetheir experience ?

And $1000 for pemium processing is too expensive in order to get H1B extension.

longduegc_2004 said:
my h1b and h4 extension got approved

rect date is 5th sep, 2004
approval date is 4th feb, 2005
Thanks for update. Will help on determine processing time for my case.
Filed on 10/26/2004,, So I might expect on 04/26/05. Looks like currently its taking 5 months.

H1 Premium Processing Rule---URGENT URGENT

Hi,
I have applied for my H1 in Jul 2004 due to its delay in processing I have changed it to "Premium processing" in NOV 2004 by paying $1000 more.
I got an RFE in DEC 2004 ,later i my employer gave the answer to that RFE but its still pending.
I heard some where that INS is going to return the money if it can't process the H1 with in 15 days if its applied under "Premium Processing".

Is it TRUE???? or did they have any"IF's" in that rule??
Please if anyone of you know the answer reply me because I'm really in bad need of it after paying a lot of money towards it..
Thanks,

sreesiri said:
Hi,
I have applied for my H1 in Jul 2004 due to its delay in processing I have changed it to "Premium processing" in NOV 2004 by paying $1000 more.
I got an RFE in DEC 2004 ,later i my employer gave the answer to that RFE but its still pending.
I heard some where that INS is going to return the money if it can't process the H1 with in 15 days if its applied under "Premium Processing".

Is it TRUE???? or did they have any"IF's" in that rule??
Please if anyone of you know the answer reply me because I'm really in bad need of it after paying a lot of money towards it..
Thanks,

Sreesiri,
Did you apply H1 Extension from Nebraska? Which state do u belong?

Why did you opt for Premium processing? Based on your application for H1 Extension, you can wait till 240 days after your I-94 date expired . YOu can work also LEGALLY.

Was there any other issue to decide for Pemium processing?

How about your driving licence expiry date? Generally DL expires at i-94 expiry date.

sorry fro not providing the whole Info..Here it goes..
Actually I'm on h4 rightnow and applied for h1..I've applied for Premium because I got a job offer.
I applied under Nebraska Service center.
But yesterday when i checked the status it has changed which says it will take 15 more business days to process my case.
Anyways thanks for Your reply..

H4 to H1

I have applied for H4 to H1 transfer on Aug 27th. I have not heard anything from INS yet. Please tell me what i need to do now.. The dates have already passed.

Tomorrow , will be new dates for nebraska.Lets see what happens.
today I have filed for Premimum Processing. I was tired of wiating and making change in my wife's travel plan.

Even though , I get approval by March 26 , I have to wait for some 30 days in india to get Appointment from US consulate , MUMBAI.
Everywere Waiting , waiting and waiting.

Receipt Date: 10/26/2004
Applied for Premium : 02/15/2004

H1B extension only for 2 years

Just got H1B extension from NSC.
Recieved date: 25th October
Xtension date: 22nd Feb.

But I noticed that the extension date is only for 2 years. Is there some kind
of mistake either by the lawyer or by the NSC guys. Any input is appreciated. DO you think there is a redressal for this. I am planning on visiting India so do you think I can take care of this after I return from India.

longhaul101 said:
Just got H1B extension from NSC.
Recieved date: 25th October
Xtension date: 22nd Feb.

But I noticed that the extension date is only for 2 years. Is there some kind
of mistake either by the lawyer or by the NSC guys. Any input is appreciated. DO you think there is a redressal for this. I am planning on visiting India so do you think I can take care of this after I return from India.

My original receipt date was 10/26/04 and looking at very slow process, i have applied for premium processing on 02/15/05.So, Looks like NSC made 1000.00 $ on my for just doing normal processing.

If I have waited, then I could have got approval in normal time.
These people are unpredictable.
is there way to claim money back from NSC?

INS received the response for my RFE on march 01. I havent heard anything till now. Any one facing the same situation?

hi

i applied for h1 in July 04 and it is still pending,has anyone of you got your H1 which was applied around that time ?

please write...am depressed

rsushma said:
hi

i applied for h1 in July 04 and it is still pending,has anyone of you got your H1 which was applied around that time ?

please write...am depressed

If it is NSC service center! something wrong with your petition (already 10 months) ? Your attorney is doing anything on it? Is there any follow up??

Last edited by a moderator: