H1 and reorganization

sotiredofwaiting

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
Here is my problem. The company I work for consists of 2 smaller companies, let's call them A and B. My H1 is valid for A. Last year they had an internal reorganization and I was moved from A to B. I noticed it on my paystub, let them know, they called the lawyer, he said I wasn't allowed to work for B, so they moved me back to A. The same thing happened this year. They promised to move me back again, but I'm worried. Technically, I work illegaly for B. There is a proof of that, I got 2 separate W-2s. Now, can there be any consequences for me? For the company? If there are, can I sue the company?

Thanks

you cannot sue the company. you have accepted illegal employment if they are different entities and not d/b/a . talk to your immigration attorney and try to get a H-1 for your new employer ASAP.

See, the problem is I didn't accept this change.
I was happily working for A, when all of the sudden on Jan 15th paycheck the company changed to B. I had nothing to do with the change.

I havent come accross such situation or I dont know of a similar situation. the best thing is to contact a reliable immigration attorney .. rajiv khanna or murthydotcom .. they have 15 min consultation for about $200 . its better to act now rather than continuining on non authorized employment.