h-4 visa required???? Please help

saa

Registered Users (C)
My wife is currently in India visiting family and will return April 1st.
She has H-4 visa stamped in the passport till May 20th 2002. Since my last job change we have new H-1 (myself) and H-4 status till May 2004 and we have all relevant documents regarding the same.
My questions are:
1. Should she apply for new H-4 visa at Mumbai consulate?
2. If she decides to use the old H-4 visa stamped in the passport (along with the new H-4 status paper showing approval untill May 2004) then, will she get I-94 with status till May 2002 or will it be untill May 2004?
3. What documents should she carry with her to show the new H-4 status approval (If she does not apply for new H-4 visa at Mumbai).
Thank you.

No Title

1. Best course of action is to get the stamping when there is time (drop off box).
2. Most likey till May 2002 but if can talk logically and calmly till May 2004.
3. Copy or original H1, Letter from your employer, paystubs etc. Yeah it seems like a H4 renewal even for a I94. But INS officers at POE are always picky.

If she gets the stamp, she does not need your H1 approval, and she does not have to carry the h1 document evrey time she enters US. Getting the stamp is better.

No Title

What is the procedure for h-4 visa stamping at Mumbai?
Can you please elaborate.
Thank you.

No Title

Thank you for your help.
Say the INS officer at POE does give my wife status untill May 2002, we can always apply for extension of H-4 status after entering the US.
Of coure the better way would be to to obtain H-4 stamp.
She is returning on 1st of April, is there enough time for H-4 stamping to be completed in Mumbai?

sai

I have US Green Card and my wife has canadian GC. She is in US right now. Is there any way that my wife can stay in US more than 183 days? After 183 days does she needs to go back to Canada? I heard that there is a visa called TN visa. What is it about? Please help me in this matter... Thanks for your help

Search the internet for details about Mumbai consulate.

It is a better source than me. I think the link is visaservices.com you can email them with your question.