H-4 visa question

Rupinder Singh

Registered Users (C)
My sister has two rejections for a visitor visa at the New Dlhi consulate in the last 2 years. Now she is getting married to a H-1 visa holder in Dec.

My questions to people who have similar experience or some knowldege on this :

1. What does she and her husband need to do to make sure that she does not run into any problems getting the H-4 visa ?

2. Her husband's family lives in Mumbai. Does that mean she would have to apply for the H-4 at the Bombay consulate or can she still apply in New Delhi as her residentail address is the New Delhi area ?

3. Does she need to get a new passport with her changed lastname or would the existing one do ?

Any help would be appreciated.

My sister has two rejections for a visitor visa at the New Delhi consulate in the last 2 years. Now she is getting married to a H-1 visa holder in Dec.

My questions to people who have similar experience or some knowledge on this :

1. What does she and her husband need to do to make sure that she does not run into any problems getting the H-4 visa?
--------- She should have all the supporting documents from H1 holder read the other thread it is for Chennai but same documents are needed in Delhi (Delhi needs lesser documents than Chennai)
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=91082
2. Her husband's family lives in Mumbai. Does that mean she would have to apply for the H-4 at the Bombay consulate or can she still apply in New Delhi as her residential address is the New Delhi area?
---------- She can apply in Bombay or Delhi, if she was rejected in Delhi many times Bombay is better, she should provide Bombay address on visa application form and she should get her spouse name endorsed on her passport as spouse or she can get new Passport copy with married name after marriage. it only takes 5-8 days, she has to submit marriage certificate and affidavit of name change to PP office,( “Chai pani” de dena passport office dey naal baithdey kisay agent nu fad lena) she can get new PP copy with married name in 2-3 days. It will be beneficial for her, tey us day new PP tey past visa rejection stamp vi nahin hovegi.
3. Does she need to get a new passport with her changed last name or would the existing one do?
----------- Bombay needs spouse name to be added or PP with married name

Gagandeep