H-1for dentist

nima

i am graduating from dental school in May 2006, starting OPT in July. i got few job offers. some of them want me to be "Independent contractor", as opposed to being an employee in the dental office.
my question: can the dental office sponsor my H-1 while i work for them as an Independent contractor?

For H-1 they need to show you are a full time employee of the clinic, being paid a fixed base salary. When the employer has to fill out papers they need to provide a letter to this effect. offered wage and benefits. Take a look at new I 129 to see for any changes.
u can have a base pay of say 70-80k / yr on w2 and rest on 1099. w2 is safest though.

Whoever sponser you for H1, they have to put you under their payroll, otherwise h1 has no validity.
nima said:
i am graduating from dental school in May 2006, starting OPT in July. i got few job offers. some of them want me to be "Independent contractor", as opposed to being an employee in the dental office.
my question: can the dental office sponsor my H-1 while i work for them as an Independent contractor?