H-1b Visa for new business

Gofunky

Registered Users (C)
I am planning to start a restaurant in the later part of 2006. It will be an authentic Middle Eastern cuisine restaurant. I have a person who is a professional chef overseas, degreed, and very experienced in the field (more than 5 years exp. outside of degree). I want to bring him here to work for me on everthing concerning the restaurant including menu planning, cooking, and overseeing staff. The worker must specialize or have extensive experience in authentic Egyptian/Middle-Eastern style cooking.

I found the chef/head cook classification on the DOL (onecenter.org) prevailing wage library, and it lists it as a job zone 4 with a bachelor's typically necessary, and also compares it to an accountant, computer programmer, or chemist, in skill and education levels.

I want to know if this person would qualify as a specialty occupation, and how would I prove that for my I-129 form.

Also the DOL website says that I must post the job first with the complete LCA form for like 10 days in the 30 days preceeding my submission of an app. How can I do this if the form is submitted electronically online and approved all at once?

Are new business start-ups excluded from hiring foreign workers?

There are several stages you have to go through to get an H1 candidate.
First of all your new business must qualify to get an H1.
Your business plan, required licenses, lease agreement, photographs inside and out side, capital, projected revenues etc.
Second the candidate must qualify, a 4 years BS in catering and Bevarage technology /management will qualify. But you have to prove your business can able to pay (e.g) 45 to 60K per year.

You need a very good legal help to put to gether all the paper work to get your first h1.

Gofunky said:
I am planning to start a restaurant in the later part of 2006. It will be an authentic Middle Eastern cuisine restaurant. I have a person who is a professional chef overseas, degreed, and very experienced in the field (more than 5 years exp. outside of degree). I want to bring him here to work for me on everthing concerning the restaurant including menu planning, cooking, and overseeing staff. The worker must specialize or have extensive experience in authentic Egyptian/Middle-Eastern style cooking.

I found the chef/head cook classification on the DOL (onecenter.org) prevailing wage library, and it lists it as a job zone 4 with a bachelor's typically necessary, and also compares it to an accountant, computer programmer, or chemist, in skill and education levels.

I want to know if this person would qualify as a specialty occupation, and how would I prove that for my I-129 form.

Also the DOL website says that I must post the job first with the complete LCA form for like 10 days in the 30 days preceeding my submission of an app. How can I do this if the form is submitted electronically online and approved all at once?

Are new business start-ups excluded from hiring foreign workers?