H-1B holder, applying for GC, Employer is willing to help. Also looking for a good lawyer.

macboss

Registered Users (C)
Q about Eligibility if there is an American applies 4 readvertised position (Even not qualified)

Hi All,

Let me start by saying that I find this is the best forum for immigration matters. Thanks to all the contributors of this forum.

I'm currently under the H1B status. After being with this employer for a bit over 1 and half years, the employer is willing to sponsor Green Card for me. The problem is, they are clueless about the process.

The HR people looked up the web and told me that it is almost impossible to get my labor certificate approved in my case because "AS LONG AS THERE IS AN AMERICAN WHO DOES NOT NECESSARILY HAVE TO BE QUALIFIED FOR THE JOB APPLIES FOR MY JOB POSITION (HR WILL HAVE TO RE-ADVERTISE IT), MY CASE WILL BE DENIED".

There are about 2,3 others whose title and work duty are the same as mine in my company. It sounds like my case would be very likely to be denied based on that piece of information, especially under this downward spiral economy. If that was true, I really don't see how ANYONE could get the GC through employment AT ALL. Could you experts provide more insights into this?

Thanks,
p/s:

My background:
+ Bachelor Degree in New Zealand. I'm not a kiwi. I'm from Asia.
+ Master Degree in Information System in the US. (Grad with distinction 3.9 GPA)
+ I've been with this employer right after graduation for 1 year and 8 months.
+ I'm a PeopleSoft Admin/Programmer. My title is Analyst Programmer II (Intermediate)
+ My employer is a Technology Support Entity for the whole education system of a State. It is a non profit, government funded, education entity. We provide PeopleSoft support to all the colleges and universities in our State.
+ I'm probably the first one that they actually sponsor for an H-1B.
+ They including the HR people and the International Student Office reps are pretty much clueless about the Permanent Resident through employment process. They know the very basic information. They seem to object my request for the GC sponsorship. However, my bosses are very willing to do it for me.
+ Since I have a Master Degree in the US, I'm qualified for the EB2 category. I think my employer is leaning toward that way too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your case is very easy one. 100% approval chances. Best thing is call Rajiv Khanna's immigration office, they will educate your sponser's HR dept and get you Labor Cert and GC without any problem.

Do not waste any more time, call straight away Rajiv Khanna he will help you.

Hi All,

Let me start by saying that I find this is the best forum for immigration matters. Thanks to all the contributors of this forum.

I'm currently under the H1B status. After being with this employer for a bit over 1 and half years, the employer is willing to sponsor Green Card for me. The problem is, they are clueless about the process.

The HR people looked up the web and told me that it is almost impossible to get my labor certificate approved in my case because "AS LONG AS THERE IS AN AMERICAN WHO DOES NOT NECESSARILY HAVE TO BE QUALIFIED FOR THE JOB APPLIES FOR MY JOB POSITION (HR WILL HAVE TO RE-ADVERTISE IT), MY CASE WILL BE DENIED".

There are about 2,3 others whose title and work duty are the same as mine in my company. It sounds like my case would be very likely to be denied based on that piece of information, especially under this downward spiral economy. If that was true, I really don't see how ANYONE could get the GC through employment AT ALL. Could you experts provide more insights into this?

Thanks,
p/s:

My background:
+ Bachelor Degree in New Zealand. I'm not a kiwi. I'm from Asia.
+ Master Degree in Information System in the US. (Grad with distinction 3.9 GPA)
+ I've been with this employer right after graduation for 1 year and 8 months.
+ I'm a PeopleSoft Admin/Programmer. My title is Analyst Programmer II (Intermediate)
+ My employer is a Technology Support Entity for the whole education system of a State. It is a non profit, government funded, education entity. We provide PeopleSoft support to all the colleges and universities in our State.
+ I'm probably the first one that they actually sponsor for an H-1B.
+ They including the HR people and the International Student Office reps are pretty much clueless about the Permanent Resident through employment process. They know the very basic information. They seem to object my request for the GC sponsorship. However, my bosses are very willing to do it for me.
+ Since I have a Master Degree in the US, I'm qualified for the EB2 category. I think my employer is leaning toward that way too.