H-1b got approved but not received 1-94 !!

Anisa

Registered Users (C)
I got my H-1b approved but not received new I-94 along with it. I am currently on F-2 and have valid visa and I-94. I am currently in US. The I-797 mentions that i have to get visa stamped before I start working. I dont know why INS didn't send new I-94. I dont want to take risk and go India for getting my visa stamped for H-1b. Can anyone guide me in this matter.

You attorney tick the column, it should be a change of status from F2 to H1 since you have valid I 94 from F2. Ask your attorney to amend the approved H1 petition immediatley so that you will get your I 94 too.

Anisa said:
I got my H-1b approved but not received new I-94 along with it. I am currently on F-2 and have valid visa and I-94. I am currently in US. The I-797 mentions that i have to get visa stamped before I start working. I dont know why INS didn't send new I-94. I dont want to take risk and go India for getting my visa stamped for H-1b. Can anyone guide me in this matter.

preethi_jasti said:
Apply for amendment .. u will get i-94..
mine is also same case... i got it
goodluck

Congratulation,

Preethi can you tell me what form did you fill out for filing amendment and how long it took to receive your I-94 after filing for amendment?

Did you go through premium processing or ordinary one and also how much did it cost you for filling amendment?

Please reply me soon so that I can do the same way as you did.

Once again congratulation

hello preethi

congrats on ur H1b..
Btw i am also in the same situation so cud u plz tell me how long does it take to get i94 and what wud b the cost..even i can followup the case same as u..plz need ur advice...one more thing is did u do request change of status with premium or regular....waiting for ue reply..
again congrats...