H-1B approval while current H-1B is pending

mkostyu

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I have complicated situation.
Company A submitted my H-1B application and 6 months after working there we received RFE (all documentation on my side was fine, it's the employer's screw up). The additional evidence was sent and in the mean time I received a job offer from company B who submitted an H-1B petition on 23Feb2011.
Company B is now arguing that they need to wait for the visa approval for me to start working even though they already received the receipt notice and I am still on staff at company A.
Do I really need to wait for the approval or can I start working for company B now?

Thanks a lot

Hi,
I have complicated situation.
Company A submitted my H-1B application and 6 months after working there we received RFE (all documentation on my side was fine, it's the employer's screw up). The additional evidence was sent and in the mean time I received a job offer from company B who submitted an H-1B petition on 23Feb2011.
Company B is now arguing that they need to wait for the visa approval for me to start working even though they already received the receipt notice and I am still on staff at company A.
----- Receipt notice is NOT H1 transfer approval. as you had RFE they want to make sure that your H1 gets approved and then work with them.

Do I really need to wait for the approval or can I start working for company B now?

Thanks a lot
what is the status of company A H1? what is the update after RFE documents were submitted?