H-1 revalidation tracker in St.Louis/Washington

Vasu: I called the Visa office on Friday and did speak to the Officer. You have to keep trying.

485: There seems to be a problem with passports sent before Nov 15th. It is crazy that passports sent in Dec were processed before those sent 1 month earlier.

For those who know the Washington RD: Is the RD date at DC, the date actually received or the date on which the passport receipt was entered into the system? In our case, the passport was received on the 13th but was entered only on the 17th. When the DOS says, we are processing Dec 11th cases, what are they referring to - the equivalent to 13th or 17th ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Kiddo,

I think it is the date they enter it into the system. They said my case was received on Dec 11th and last week they were suppose to process whatever they were received on or before 11th, so it did't happend in my case.They might have enter my file some where around 17th, that's why am still crossing my fingers.

Long wait buddy, it's teaching me how to be patient.

Thanks Kiddo!

Thanks Kiddo!

Have one more question. Am I supposed
to receive any kind of receipt from the DOS
stating that they have received my PP
and application ?

Thanks!
Vasu

Vasu:
Based on what ever I have heard, it looks like you will not receive anything from DOS.
We had sent our passport thru lawyers. They told us DOS received the passport on such and such a date. The lawyers must have got some notification from the FedExp - thats my guess.

While calling the Visa office, after you get thru the last menu option by pressing 6, you will be transferred to a queue. You will hear a message indicating that you will not hear any other message or audio, immediately if you get couple of rings, it means you have entered the LOOP - thats my terminology. After this you will keep hearing the same message repeatedly till you talk to an officer. If you get an engaged tone or complete silence, redial. Keep doing this till you enter into the LOOP.

I did not know this, the first couple of times, I was clinging to the phone for more than one hour like a fool, even when there was a complete silence expecting some one to answer immediately.

CALL AROUND 8:45AM ET, YOU WILL REACH AN OFFICER WITHIN 10 MINUTES.

Hi guys!

We received our (wife's and mine) passports back from DC last week. Stamping was done correctly.

Date Mailed to St. Louis: Nov 15, 2002
Date Received at St. Loius: probably Nov 18, 2002
Date Received at DC: Don't know

Passports returned: Jan 24, 2003

Good luck!

Called Visa office at 5:45 AM PST and talked to Visa officer in 15 mins , She said They are currently processing cases of Mid December and I need to call after 2 weeks to check on any status again, she cannot guarantee any date.

MD: 12/12/02
Washington System Date: 12/27/02

Got Lucky...

Guys...

Finally I got lucky.. I recieved my PP thru FEDEX today..

senddate: 11/07/02 to st.Louis
Recieved: 01/29/03 with stamping

Hope who are all waiting they would get lucky soon..

tx for all the members for all the info posted here...

-Ravi

Any Question

Hi Guys, finalley i recd. My Passpoerts back with stamping. If you have any question please let me know. I was also rejected because i didn't sent the detailed Employer letter.If you have any question any where on the forms , i will be more then happy to help you.
Also i want to go to uk as a visitor, what documents i need. Any experience.
Good Luck to all of you!
Thx!

Employer letter

Coudl you please post the format of the employer letter you sent the first time and the second time

when did you recieve you passpost back?

Hi Jawood,

Could you post the time it took washington to process your passpost after you sent them a new employer letter.can you also detail what was missing then and what you added in the letter you just sent to the department of state.

vemi007

About Detailed Employer Letter

Jowood,

Could you brief about the Detailed Employer letter asked by INS. Do they have any specific format. Also did u send any other documents like paystubs, w2 etc.. other than the listed documents on the website. Thanks in Advance!

Bal_H1Holder

DC Phone

If you get busy tone after the automated voice response system says that the call is being transferred ---> you are disconnected.

If the call is not disconnected you will hear 2-3 phone rings and the "SAME" automated message repeats (every minute) until someone answers the phone.

Yesterday i tried atleast 30 times without luck. I tried today for 10-15 times to get thru without getting disconnected and another 10 minutes waiting for a visa officer.

Status

Date Mailed to St. Louis: Nov 14, 2002
Date Received at St. Loius: Nov 15, 2002
Date Received at DC: -
Stamped at DC : Jan 27, 2003
Mailed From DC : Jan 29, 2003

Hope i was the last one from the Now 5 - Nov 15 lot waiting for the PP.

Good luck for guys who are still waiting..

Finally Received PPs

SD : Nov 7th

DC RD : Dec 17th ( entered in system)
Stamp Dt : Jan 28th
Received back on Jan 29th.

I was so frustrated after long waiting and even sent recall
notice by fax two times. (20th and 22nd). No Response.
Finally I was able to talk to a DOS officer yesterday (28th).
She said, Our PPs entered in system ( in DC office) on Dec 17th and i will have to wait for atleast 5 more days. When i mentioned about the recall notice that i have sent earlier, she said she will check with the concerned person and call me back
and let me know whether they will process our app or withdraw it (since i already sent the recall notice). But no one called.

When i checked the fedex tracker last night, i found out it was already left the DC office. I got the passports today morning
and surprisingly with stamping. I guess talking to DOS officer
really makes a difference. :D

Good luck to those of you who are still waiting..

Guess, I am one of the last few waiting who sent the passports between Nov 5th and 15th of 2002.

SD: Nov 12th
DC recieived date: Dec 13th
DC system date: Dec 17th

Still waiting...

I finally got hold of an Officer today.

R.D at St. Louis -- 1/15
R.D at D.C -- 1/24

So hopefully people who have sent out
their passports around the same time as
mine should have them at DC now.

Is there any other number that can used
to talk to people at DC ??

Thanks!

Kiddo, Hope you get your passports soon!!

Finally

I have received my passport yesterday with Visa.It seems to have correct information on it.
Here are the details.

ST.Louis received-----around NOV 16TH
W.DC Received--------Dec 11th
Passport Stamped----24th Jan

Thanks for all of you who have shared their info here on this site. Please let me know if there is any way i can assist you guys.

Hi All

I have received my passport today with stamping. All Info. are correct.

Date Mailed to St. Louis : Dec 02, 2002
Date Received at St. Loius : Dec 04, 2002
Date Received at DC : -
Stamped at DC : Jan 29, 2003
Mailed From DC : Jan 30, 2003
PP Received : Jan 31, 2003

Please let me know what are the documents required for
H4 - stamping ? I want to send it for my wife.

Good luck to every one.

Date Mailed to St. Louis : Nov 14th, 2002
Date Received at St. Loius : Nov 15th, 2002
Mailed From DC : Jan 29th, 2003
PP Received : Jan 30th, 2003

Stamping looks good.