Here is the my Info:

Sent 4 sep 02
recd 6 sep 02

received my PP: 23 Oct

Good luck guys

Pendli

Congrats Pendii.

I have a question for you.

Did the state department send back your passport with the same return fedex airbill or self stamped envelope (which was enclosed in the documents while being sent ) or did they sent back the passport in a diiferent airbill/self stamped envelope.

Thanks
Kumar

Hi kumarsj,

It was the FedEX envelope which I enclosed at the time of submission of my passport

Hope this helps

Pendli

re-validation

Hi guys,

was refused F1 visa twice in India in 98 and after 8 months I got H1B visa from the same consulate in India, since then I am in US( almost 3 years). I am planning to get H1B re-validated here in US with new H1B extension approval notice. Will my previous F1 refusals cause a problem for H1B re-validation here in US?

Any response will be appreciated. Thanks a lot

Last edited by a moderator:
new MRV fee

Send passport on 23 Sept 2002
waiting as on 26 Oct. 2002

Is anyone have idea about new non immigrant visa fee for revalidation. I have sent my passport on 23 Sept. with $65 Fee.
Should I have to send the increase fee also or my application will come under old fee.
If I need to send increase fee, where I have to send ?

Please respond,

:)

Answer to Qs. 28 on DS 156 form

Hi,

I plan to file for revalidation in November. I used to have F1 and then after practicle training obtained H1. I had F1 visa stamp on old passport and the new one which I would be sending to DS has the H1 stamp on it.
My question is what should be the answer to Qs. 28 on form DS 156.

Please reply.....

Question from DS-156

32. Are any of the following persons in the US, or do they have US legal permanent residence or US citizenship ?

Mark Yes or no and indicate that persons status in the US (i.e. US legal permanent resident, US citizen, visiting, studying, working etc.)

() YES () NO Husband/Wife _____________

Parden me If I am posting it on wrong place.

I have a question, suppose someone has his wife on H-4 in US, what would he mentioned on point no.32 as above () YES and dependent visa (H4)

One more in the waiting List..................

Sent to DOS - 10/28/2002
Received - 10/29/2002

it feels good to be a part of another waiting team.........US government work related to immigrants is worst. I waited 4 and 1/2 months to get my H1 and this is my 3rd and final H1. My labor certification is pending at MO SESA for a year now and only god knows, when they will open my file and now DOS.

Well, I guess that's the way it works.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Employment Letter

I have repeatedly requested for a letter from my company's personnel dept. explaining the job description and the need to get the visa stamped here. (My manager is not authorized to give such a letter). But they just give me a letter that specifies my date of joining, designation and Salary only.

Will this be enough to get the stamping Or will it be refused?

Has anyone has got a revalidation using such a letter?

I feel so helpless. Please help. Thanks a lot in advance.

Visa not Stamped

Hi ,
Passport sent to St Louis on 18 sept 2002
Passport returned on 30th OCt with no stamp
They did not like the photo and require a comprehensive letter from my employer describing my job and position.

Going to resend it .

Thanks

Deeprahi , could you please tell me what exactly they said about the employment letter. Thanks

I'm posting my query again:

I have repeatedly requested for a letter from my company's personnel dept. explaining the job description and the need to get the visa stamped here. (My manager is not authorized to give such a letter). But they just give me a letter that specifies my date of joining, designation and Salary only.

Will this be enough to get the stamping Or will it be refused?

Has anyone has got a revalidation using such a letter?

I feel so helpless. Please help. Thanks a lot in advance.

Employment letter

Hi nileshsh75,

There is a generic letter posted at 5th page of this thread. You should take a look. I don't know whether someone has used that format and got successful in getting a stamp, as I have not filed mine yet.

Hope this helps.

Ammar

Answer to Qs. 28 on DS 156

Answer to Qs. 28 on DS 156 form

Hi,

I plan to file for revalidation in November. I used to have F1 and then after practicle training obtained H1. I had F1 visa stamp on old passport and the new one which I would be sending to DS has the H1 stamp on it.
My question is what should be the answer to Qs. 28 on form DS 156 if one had more than one visa issued.

Visa Stamped

Hello all:

Here are my details:

Sent Date: 17th Sept
Recv Date:19th Sept
Issue Date: 29 Oct
Got PP:31st Oct

Thank you all and wish you all the best.

Subh

still waiting

Sent : Sept 30, 2002
Received St Louis: Oct 1, 2002

Hoping to receive passport with visa stamped by Nov 15. Traveling in early December.