H-1 revalidation tracker in St.Louis/Washington

Received revalidated visa

For revalidation :
Sent passport : 29th Aug
Recvd by DOS : 30th Aug

Approved : 9th Oct
Received : 10th Oct

Had sent a self addressed fedex airbill.

Good luck to all those waiting.. and THANKS for all replies ..!

Fedex Airbill

Nayana and others,

Do you put the Department of State's address on the Fedex Airbill? I saw on this forum that the passports and visas will come from DC, eventhough we sent it to St Louis, and on my Fedex airbill I put the St Louis Address, will that matters? Will they just discard my return envelope and send it by First Class mail? Is there anything I can do about it?

Thanks

I was waiting

Thanks nayana ,
i was waiting for ur post , as u send just 1 week head of me.
as per timings i should get my Passport by friday or monday .

- yash

Sample Employment Letter

Can anyone suggest proper text and/or guide me to websites to write up a "employment letter from employer" to apply for my H1 and H4 revalidations at St. Louis. My employer hasn't done this before and is asking me to provide me with the text. Pathetic but true.

Also, does anyone know how long it is taking these days? What about that MRV fee increase for non-immigrant visas? When is that effective from?

Someone please reply.
Thanks.

Re: Sample Employment Letter

nkaveti,
Check on page 5, I think, I have posted sample "employer's letter". I think that would be helpful.
Its taking around 39 days for the re-validation process to receive the passport back.
Regarding the fee increases, its going to be effective only from Nov 1st 2002 and will be $100.00 instead of $65.00.

Hope the info helps you.

ucn.

Originally posted by nkaveti
Can anyone suggest proper text and/or guide me to websites to write up a "employment letter from employer" to apply for my H1 and H4 revalidations at St. Louis. My employer hasn't done this before and is asking me to provide me with the text. Pathetic but true.

Also, does anyone know how long it is taking these days? What about that MRV fee increase for non-immigrant visas? When is that effective from?

Someone please reply.
Thanks.

Marisini,
You had asked

"Do you put the Department of State's address on the Fedex Airbill? I saw on this forum that the passports and visas will come from DC, eventhough we sent it to St Louis, and on my Fedex airbill I put the St Louis Address, will that matters? Will they just discard my return envelope and send it by First Class mail? Is there anything I can do about it? "

Are you talking about the "sender address" on your
self addressed airbill?

If yes, then I had put the St. Louis address there... so you should be fine!

Good luck!

Marisini,
You had asked

"Do you put the Department of State's address on the Fedex Airbill? I saw on this forum that the passports and visas will come from DC, eventhough we sent it to St Louis, and on my Fedex airbill I put the St Louis Address, will that matters? Will they just discard my return envelope and send it by First Class mail? Is there anything I can do about it? "

Are you talking about the "sender address" on your
self addressed airbill?

If yes, then I had put the St. Louis address there... so you should be fine!

Good luck!

Will anyone please let me know if Employment letter has to be only in company's letterhead and with the job description

I work for a big organization and it's only a third party company that gives the employment verification letter. Further the letter bears only the designation,salary, date employed and address. The job function is never mentioned. Is this suffcient?

Please help. Thanks in advance.

nileshsh75,
The letter has to be from the company that has employed you or to be specific "your sponsor on your H1". You might want to check the manager's letter on page 5 posted by me and pick one of those and modify it as needed.
It doesn't matter if you are a consultant and are at a client site, the letter should still be from your employer (sponsor on H1) and on the company's letterhead.

Hope this helps you.

ucn.

Originally posted by nileshsh75
Will anyone please let me know if Employment letter has to be only in company's letterhead and with the job description

I work for a big organization and it's only a third party company that gives the employment verification letter. Further the letter bears only the designation,salary, date employed and address. The job function is never mentioned. Is this suffcient?

Please help. Thanks in advance.

Thanks ucnair. I dont work for a consulting company.

Many large companies don't themselves do employment verification. Like payroll, even employment verification is done by professional thrid party agencies. I work for one such company and so the employment verification letter is given by a professional agency on their letter head. The letter states that I work for the x company, draw y salary, employed from so and so date etc., It does not explain the job function at all.

nilesh75,
The letter from your employer is not for your employment verification rather its describing your job functinality and the need for you to get your visa revalidated in US instead of going through consular processing. I understand that all companies have different policies but I would still suggest you to read the letter posted earlier (page 5) and see if your manager/HR would be willing to sign such a letter for you. I haven't heard of anybody having difficulty in getting such a letter from their manager. Good luck.

ucn.

Originally posted by nileshsh75
Thanks ucnair. I dont work for a consulting company.

Many large companies don't themselves do employment verification. Like payroll, even employment verification is done by professional thrid party agencies. I work for one such company and so the employment verification letter is given by a professional agency on their letter head. The letter states that I work for the x company, draw y salary, employed from so and so date etc., It does not explain the job function at all.

visa stamped

i got my passport stamped .
send 7 sep .
recv 9 sep by dos
dispatched on 11 oct .
recv 14 Oct .

Exact 5 weeks .

thanks all for useful info .
:) :) :)

Clarification required..

I recently got my H-1B extension approved. Can anyone suggest me when I should revalidate my H-1 stamping?
My passport is expiring in mid 2003. Is it possible to get the H-1B stamping first and then renew my passport later. Is there any requirement which mandates that passport has to be valid atleast for few months for revalidation of H-1B? Please throw some light on this issue.

Thanx..

U need 6 month ..

Yes U need passport valid for at minimum 6 months .
and you cant revlaidate(in US) if ur visa is not expired or expiring in 60 days .

H1 Revalidation

Here is my H1 revalidation info:

Sent Sep 4 02
Recd Sep 6 02

Still waiting....

Does anyone know how long will it take to get approve?

Thanks
Pendli

Pendli,
Its taking about 39 days for get the passport after revalidation of Visa. The number of days has been pretty much consistent for last month or two.

ucn.

Form DS-156 question

Hi,

Does anybody know what should be filled in National Identification Number column in form DS-156?

Thanks

Attach Old passport ?

I have my last expired visa in old passport.
Should I send that too alongwith new one?
Any experiences/suggestion would help.