H-1 B 2nd renewal

arun_parv

Registered Users (C)
I will be completing 5 years under H-1 end of June'03.
The first H-1 B renewal (in June '01) was applied/approved for 2 years.
I plan on renewing the H-1 again.
My I-485 is also pending for more than a year and I am not prepared to switch to EAD as yet.

Given this:

1) Am I allowed to apply for a 1-year or a 2-year extension

2) At the time of the first renewal, my company attorney told me that the second renewal fee would only be $110 instead of the $1,110.00 that was the fee at the time of the first renewal

If anyone has any idea about these, I would appreciate your feedback

Here are some answers to your questions (based on my experience in renewing H1B two times:

1) You can apply for 2nd renewal for 1 more year until your 6 year limit. Then, if your i-485 is not adjudicated you can apply for 7th year H1B extension.

2) I think it is full fee both times, because every extension is treated as new petition. At least I paid full fees for both extensions.

Hope it helps.

Originally posted by maroussia
Here are some answers to your questions (based on my experience in renewing H1B two times:

1) You can apply for 2nd renewal for 1 more year until your 6 year limit. Then, if your i-485 is not adjudicated you can apply for 7th year H1B extension.

2) I think it is full fee both times, because every extension is treated as new petition. At least I paid full fees for both extensions.Hope it helps.

The $1000 fee is only paid on the initial petition and the first renewal. After that, you are exempt.

Originally posted by maroussia

:mad: Hmm that's not what my attorney told me. Thanks anyway!

Kiss Good bye to H1 and start working on EAD. Any how you will be getting GC in 6 months.