Guys, need urgent help ....

Ong03

Registered Users (C)
Hello guys,

I have a question on the i-485 approval notice. I got the courtesy copy of approval and my attorney at our company got the official one. I have already booked air tickets for my trip to get the passport stamping. But I just called National serive center, and the lady there told me that I need to go for passport stamping with the official approval notice and courtesy copy can not be used?

Do you guys have any idea about it? I can not cancel my tickets at this stage. Please advise me..

Regards,
Ong03.

Originally posted by Ong03
But I just called National serive center, and the lady there told me that I need to go for passport stamping with the official approval notice and courtesy copy can not be used?

Why are you travelling by air for stamping?

By the way, the 1-800 number isn't worth the money you spent on the call. Numerous folks have gotten stamping with the courtesy copy. However, if you're flying by air for stamping (???) you might want to spend an extra $15 and get the attorney to fedex the originals to you.

I have'nt done my stamping(don't know when that happens !!!) but I have read in these forum about people going for stamping using courtesy copy. Don't worry.

Also can't you ask your attorney to send you the official copy?Any problem in that...

Thank you for the advice

Thank you for your immeidate response.

Firstly I am flying by air, because Memphis,TN is more than 500 miles from my place where I live. Also, I am trying to reach my attorney, but I couldn't. I will take a chance with my courtesy copy in case if I won't get the official notice.

Regards,
Ong03

Re: Thank you for the advice

Firstly I am flying by air, because Memphis,TN is more than 500 miles from my place where I live. Also, I am trying to reach my attorney, but I couldn't. I will take a chance with my courtesy copy in case if I won't get the official notice.

Is there a closer office to you? You can try going to a local USCIS office before you fly.

Why did USCIS send you to an office so far away? Have you moved?

Re: Thank you for the advice

Thank you for your immeidate response.

Regards,
Ong03

U can go to any of the local offices nearer to you.Is Memphis,TN the only office nearer to you?

Called NSC 1-800..

Again, I asked the customer service rep at 1-800, and she told that I can not go to any other service center. I live in Tennessee, so for TN it is Memphis. Otherwise Charlotte, NC is closer to my place ( 3 hr drive). She took my zip code and told me that I can only go to Memphis.

Re: Called NSC 1-800..

Again, I asked the customer service rep at 1-800, and she told that I can not go to any other service center. I live in Tennessee, so for TN it is Memphis. Otherwise Charlotte, NC is closer to my place ( 3 hr drive). She took my zip code and told me that I can only go to Memphis.

To quote Ronald Reagan, "there you go again!" Shouldn't listen to the service reps at the 1-800 number.

I'd try and go to Charlotte and see if they'll stamp it there, and cancel the tickets if they do, and get some money back. If you can't, go to Memphis and enjoy the town while you're there.

Some food for thought ---
I went to Philly for stamping the Supevisor did not want the Lawyer's copy but she wanted mine instead which had my residental address. Though I was told the oppsite by my lawyer. I did not saying anything to her was just happy to see the stamp on the passport.

Regards,

So How'd it go ?

Did you try going to a closer Service Center ? like Charlotte ?

I also need to do stamping and I'm a lot closer to Charlotte than the one specified in the approval letter. Please let us know how'd things go for you.

Thanks !

Terrific humor

TheRealCanadian,

Your humor is great. I am having a laughing fit after reading your posts. Keep it coming. Guys like you make this forum a pleasure to browse and the wait tolerable.

More power to you..

Re: So How'd it go ?

Originally posted by einuj somar
Did you try going to a closer Service Center ? like Charlotte ?

I also need to do stamping and I'm a lot closer to Charlotte than the one specified in the approval letter. Please let us know how'd things go for you.

Thanks !

Did u apply for iEAD at Charlotte? If so, Plz post ur expereince. Thnx.