Gurus-What is this mean???

kcr

Registered Users (C)
Gurus

The message has changed for my case. Does anyone have any idea what this might be for? or anyone got this kind of message, please reply. Thanks

"On November 16, 2004, we responded to your request for more information
concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30
days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283."

I485 ND:22nd Sep 2002
1st FP done 30th Oct 2002
Still waiting for 2nd FP..

This is not RFE, a response to status check ( can happen even after approval )

Last edited by a moderator:
Status check ...

Did you do a status check on your pending application or did your Laywer do so ? This is in response to that.

will_get_there

kcr said:
Gurus

The message has changed for my case. Does anyone have any idea what this might be for? or anyone got this kind of message, please reply. Thanks

"On November 16, 2004, we responded to your request for more information

I485 ND:22nd Sep 2002
1st FP done 30th Oct 2002
Still waiting for 2nd FP..

Mostly an RFE.. Atleast someone touched your case. Its a good sign to get approval soon.

will_get_there said:
Did you do a status check on your pending application or did your Laywer do so ? This is in response to that.

will_get_there
Me and my wife also got the same message (same dates) but we never did a status inquiry.

Extrange LUD changes and messages these days.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, its not RFE.

When the online message says ".... we responded to your request for more information.....". its not an RFE. It happens only when you request for address channge or case status enquiry. If it is RFE , it says some thing like 'need additional information'.

It is NOT an RFE. RFE is when the message says something like "On XXXXX, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. ...".

The message that you got is something that is a result of a status enquiry or address change.

Mostly, you must have changed your address or you must have asked for expedite status request.

IceTea said:
Extrange LUD changes and messages this days.

Two days after passport stamping, my I-485 online approval message changed in to ....we responded to your request.....
It is really strange! I don't know what to make of it!
However, I did start status inquiry!

I think it is not a RFE. If it is a RFE, they would have said "we received your evidence/documentation, blah" or something like that.

That message was upated like that when the one of following item occur:
1) change of address
2) inquiry of case status
3) walk-in appt to ask officers for information on your case or call customer service for more information on your case.
4) request for another duplicate of RFE or duplicate notices.
so on.

I had changed my address on 10/22 & initaited an inquiry also.My case has been approved on Nov 3 with an approved status message. I had recieved my case status inquiry letter on 11/08.Yesterday I had 2 emails with this message .

On November 19, 2004, we responded to your request for more information

Recent LUD changes:11/17, 11/18, 11/19(with address change)

IceTea,
Did you get 2 emails when your message changed?

Got mail with address change confirmation

The funy thing is, I got more LUD changes Today (11/22) with no change in message