Guru's Please advice

roshan18

Registered Users (C)
My 140 is pending, and i need to change my company
What will happen after changing my company?
i talk to INS people they are saying, i can change my company..

Please advice..

Thanks

140/485 pending from Nov 03/ EB2

Well, changing employers before I-140 approval --- you might have seen this topic before several times before. Bottom line is , DON'T do it, unless you got an assurance from a USCIS officer. Don't trust those customer service reps, they are just idiots.

Dont do it unless you get written assurance from an INS officer (which I doubt they will issue). Dont do it unless you must.

Thanks for your Updates..
if i won't change my job..my contract is going end Feb
this is very good company

in dilama...what to do.

Thanks for your help..

Some people have changed jobs and never notified USCIS and got approved. This would work if no RFEs are issued and your company doesn't withdraw their I-140. But this would indeed be immigration fraud and therefore a deportable offense.

I-140 RFE But 2nd EAP approved

I had and RFE on my I-140 But at the same time my 2nd EAP was approved on the same day...I am wondering what is going on with NSC ? Any thoughts would be welcome...

I-140/485 RD - 12/19/2003
I-140 RFE - 02/07/05
2nd EAD approved - 02/07/05

roshan18 said:
Thanks for your Updates..
if i won't change my job..my contract is going end Feb
this is very good company

in dilama...what to do.

Thanks for your help..
If you can get assurance that the company will support the 140 after you leave (ie. reply to 140 RFE, provide future employment letter) you should be ok. I did it and got my 140 approved.

roshan18 said:
so u are not inform to the INS?
General consensus on this forum is that you inform upon RFE/interview. It's my belief that it's safer to inform them only after you've got the 140 approval. It's risky to send in an AC21 letter before the 140 approval. Which company would be subject to the requirements for the 140 at that point? (ie. ability to pay) If you're on a friendly basis with the company execs, things should work out if you get some assurances (140 RFE) and the future employment letter from them before you leave.

cfiler said:
........ But this would indeed be immigration fraud and therefore a deportable offense.

140 Status says "processing will take 150 - 180 days" it's been 13 to 15 months for quite a few in line waiting for 140 approvals, in the mean time some lucky folks get approved anywhere from less than 3 weeks to a couple of months!!!!

Is it legal/fraud? What should we call that?

ek1975, I agree that it is completely unfair. I am in the queue too. But rules are rules. You cant avenge the unfairness of the INS by breaking laws enforced by the institution.

All aside, tomorrow if this guy decides to change companies before 140 and it becomes known to the INS, it will be a pity that he cant use your argument.

ek1975, you chose to play by their game. Either play by their rules or leave. We are all waiting.

cfiler said:
ek1975, you chose to play by their game. Either play by their rules or leave. We are all waiting.

This is not any communist/autocratic state where someone can say "play by my rules or leave"

Their message says "150 - 180 days" and they haven't done anything during that period and if not for anything else, atleast for the sake of courtesy, they ought to tell us something.

I understand that "citizenship's and GCs are privileges granted to aliens at the pleasure of the government of the United States" it doesn't mention favours and we did pay for their services/privileges, right?