Gurus Help Needed .. 140 Approved on First Business day after Layoff..

kriskish

Registered Users (C)
Hi Gurus,
My 140 got approved on 07/05/2005. My last day (termination) with my company was on 07/01/2005. 485 is pending from 180+ days. I have some questions for all gurus. Company will not revoke anything. They offered me a job in India and they like to continue the process.

1) Do I need to be employed when my 140 is approved? Right now I am not..

2) What will be my status if they send RFE on 485 tomorrow? Do I need to have Job from the same company or any other company(Using AC21)?

3) Right now I donot have a job if RFE comes tomorrow and after one week If I get a job with same and similar skills is it OK? What I mean is do I need to have a permanent job when RFE is issued?

4) When using AC21 do I need to have the termination letter from company?

Gurus please shed some light what I have to do NOW. I will catch up with the attorney. But not sure he is in town or not.

Any comments suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
KK

All you need is a permanent job offer with same or similar job to reply in case an RFE is generated.A couple of pay stubs may be needed, but not necessary.If you have paystubs it will make more sense.Else you can say you have got an offer recently and joining the company using AC-21.
Just try to find a similar job ASAP.

Congratulations Kishore.

I am happy that you finally got your I140 approved. You dont have to worry about getting an RFE. I am assuming that they might not work on your case right now because of visa unavailability. I might be wrong but I feel that would be the case most probably.

Also you have 3 months to reply to the RFE (EVL). So you have plenty of time to get a job.

Enjoy your timeoff and start looking for a job!

kriskish said:
Hi Gurus,
My 140 got approved on 07/05/2005. My last day (termination) with my company was on 07/01/2005. 485 is pending from 180+ days. I have some questions for all gurus. Company will not revoke anything. They offered me a job in India and they like to continue the process.

1) Do I need to be employed when my 140 is approved? Right now I am not..

2) What will be my status if they send RFE on 485 tomorrow? Do I need to have Job from the same company or any other company(Using AC21)?

3) Right now I donot have a job if RFE comes tomorrow and after one week If I get a job with same and similar skills is it OK? What I mean is do I need to have a permanent job when RFE is issued?

4) When using AC21 do I need to have the termination letter from company?

Gurus please shed some light what I have to do NOW. I will catch up with the attorney. But not sure he is in town or not.

Any comments suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
KK

I know of a guy who was unemployed for one year after his I140 got approved and he still got his GC. Hope that helps

I know of a guy who was unemployed for one year after his I140 got approved and he still got his GC. Hope that helps. Just get a job asap. I am sure that wont be a problem with today's market

Some points to note:

- You cannot have a 485 if you're outside USA (except for brief visits). So, you'll need to withdraw your 485 and switch your I-140 to consular processing, technically..

- If your PD is current, then there's a possibility your 485 approval will come along in a few weeks. Hope this happens to you.

- Finding a same/similar job ASAP is the safest thing to do, RFE or not. Even if your GC gets approved, you'll still need to work for same/similar job for keeping your records clean for at least a year after GC approval.

- Regarding RFE, you can't predict it. What you CAN do is start looking for a job. So best not worry about things out of your control, and optimize your time to do things that ARE in your control.

~T

talkative said:
You cannot have a 485 if you're outside USA (except for brief visits). So, you'll need to withdraw your 485 and switch your I-140 to consular processing, technically..

You can remain outside the US until your AP expires.

If your PD is current, then there's a possibility your 485 approval will come along in a few weeks. Hope this happens to you.

He's EB3, non-Schedule A. That means his priority date is not current, and will not be until October.

Regarding RFE, you can't predict it. What you CAN do is start looking for a job. So best not worry about things out of your control, and optimize your time to do things that ARE in your control.

Exactly. He needs a new job soon, so not to worry about an RFE or money.