==> JAN-MAY 2001 thread for I-485 Mailers to CSC (from 02/19/2002)

Good luck

Delays happen here and there. But it all evens out for everybody, I guess. I live in Seattle and file to CSC. I have no idea when I will get my approval. It is anybody\'s guess. So I am also frustrated. I had no problem nor much delay in getting my first EAD and AP though. I-140 didn\'t take too long either.

Thank you for your advise. PP stamped at SF

Stamped my PP at SF. Reached at 8.15 a.m. The security guard requested us to go Second floor (200 B). Inserted my approval notice in a slot. the officer calls our names at about 9 .00 a.m for documents- PP, 2 photoids, EAD cards, Advance parole.
took the finger print, and we were asked to wait.
we got our passport stamped at 9.15 a.m

Pleasant experience. Thanks once again

ND: Mar, 01 No Approval yet

Details
ND: 03/01
RFE:10/01
Replied: 11/01
INS updated: 11/01
Case pending with office since Dec, 01.
Regards,
Rajababu

Were u asked to do the stamping at SF?

Just curious to know?
Is SF, the center where you are supposed/asked to do the stamping? Wanted to know whether we can do stamping anywhere irrespective of the center where we are asked to do it?
In my case, I have to go to SanJose, can I go to SF too?

Address?

Thank u for your information.
If possible, could you please let me know the INS, SF address?

AVM message changed!

..to "This case has been approved"! :)
MD: 4/11/2001
RD: 5/4/2001
FP notice received after fax inquiry
FP done: 1/4/2002
AD: 3/8/2002

Question: one should stay with the company at the time of approval for some time before changing jobs, right? Even one has been waiting over 180 days? Anyone please give some advice/link to discussion?

congrats-shaking

You had a long wait

AOSWaiter_485 "****AC21 law discussion" 2/24/02 1:12pm

the link above will take u to the ac21 law discussion

Yes it is not advisable to change jobs after approval for at least 6 months

The AC21 law covers changes after 180 days and before approval.

It does not cover the period after approval and the old method of do not change jobs after approval for at least 180 days still applies.

However if your company has financial issues etc etc then maybe u can change but I would advise you try your best not to change.

Address please!

Could you please let me know the address at SanFrancisco where we can do the passport stamping for GC? The place where you did!
I need this information very immediately please.
Appreciate your response.

Thanks a lot in advance

finally got it!

RD 5/28/01
ND 8/6/01
FP 12/15/01
AD 3/11/02

lucky that i did not get RFE. My company was acquired after i finished labor and 140.
Thanks all for sharing info.! Checking this site has been part of my duty job for almost 1 yr. :) Best regards to PCee!

Congrats ray888!

Does anyone know if PP stamping requires any photo?
Whatelse is needed for PP stamping other than approval notice?
Thanks!

All Quiet On The Western Front

Well, after a raft of approvals in Feb, not much in Mar... I\'m still waiting too.

Has anyone gotten an RFE for paystubs/W-2s AFTER having switched jobs under 180 days/AC-21? If so, what was the outcome?

Also, I recently re-entered the U.S. (from Canada) and mentioned I changed jobs and showed my AP... very easy (they didn\'t care at all about the job change), though I had to wait a few minutes for them to process paperwork; they also advised me I have to go thru Secondary Inspection every time I re-enter the U.S. Just an FYI for everyone...

Good luck and may next month bring on the approvals again!

Count me in this thread too

Hi,

Count me in this thread too.

PD Dec 97
I-485:
RD: April 4 2001
ND: April 20 2001
FP: Aug 17th 2001 (on schedule)
No RFE

Assigned to officer mid-december 2001
(Confirmed by speaking to IIO three times since then)

AVM still says "...979-999 days.." :-(

Lawyer sent inquiry a few weeks back ...no reply yet.

-blue
Probably already on the April list too