Greenland Summary Report

FunkyJunky,

Good point... Would you mind giving me your e-mail address so that I can send you my scans directly? There's no need for posting individual runs on this forum.

Also, for some reason your posted summary reports are trying to access a file that is not included in your zip-package. Could you post summary reports that don't make reference to outside data? For example, you could use Paste-Special (Values-only) to create a file that only contains the values of the cells, as opposed to the formulas.

Boots 'n' Camo
(bootsncamo@hotmail.com)

Thanks Bootsncamo, I have emailed you my info. I think if we have more than two volunteers, we can provide a comprehensive update at least once per week.

FunkyJunky,
What do you think about the approvals starting Oct.1st? Do you see any imporvements in NSC processing or not? I have a feeling that they have stopped that again for some reasons! Otherwise, e should have seen a ton of approvals/RFEs in the last 5-6 days. But this is not happening. So the old school of thought is still valid that the NSC doesn't do anything unless they don't have anything!!
aghajan

Auditing

Are they auditing now? When will the auditing be done? Does Anybody know about that?

Summary Update

I have updated the files for LIN001 and LIN011. It is wierd that there were NO 485's received for LIN010. I have only checked the first 1000 LIN's for LIN011 so the stats might be a little dicey for that day.

Ioncohen,

Yep. You can email me the updated list at gicleonard@yahoo.com and I will put it into the Summary report. Whenever you get an update, email it to me and I will update the summary report.
Thanks

Summary Update

I have updated most of the LIN ranges. It is interesting to note that the NSC has a definite 'dislike' for certain LIN's like 030, 085, 110 & 125 since these have very low approval %s.

IonCohen, I have some pressures right now and will get back to you as soon as I have some time to clean up the code.

Rmeaining's

Funky Junky,

First let me say that what you are leading here is very helpful!!! Thanks.
Second, I am wondering what is going on with the "remaining" cases. The report is not calculating the remaining percentage, but it seems to be high. Any idea as to what is the faith of these? Can I assume these are processed sometime in the future months.
By a quick analysis I can say that the ratio of remaining/totals is increasing (significantly!!). It was 35.7% for LIN-02-001 and it climbed all the way to 93.21% (!!) for LIN-02-200.
One possibility is that the amount of cases submitted has increased?

Any thoughts?

Thanks a bunch,

gvaknin,

The remaining cases are simply those that have not been approved or denied/withdrawn. Since earlier cases are more likely to be approved before later cases, it is therefore reasonable that the later the LIN, the more remaining cases there should be.

Of course, it does not explain why there are certain LIN's that the USCIS seems to ignore/de-prioritize. That is, I'm afraid, an unsolved mystery at this point.

I will add the Remaining % to the charts. Thanks for the suggestion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Remaining

FunkyJunky,

It makes sense. I'm concerned the the number of remaining keeps going up. That could mean at least one of the following:
a. more applications are being submitted.
b. Less applications are being processed.
My attorney is saying that they are seeing more cases being approved or in final approval stages (transfers to local offices or confirming last RFE's) and believes that the 570-600 days period will be shorten as soon as they feel thay can. Of course, she doesn't have an ETA....

Thanks for all your help,

Summary Update

I have added a Totals column at the extreme right of the Stats sheet and a %Remaining ros. I am also in the process of building the LIN035 list.

At present, just less than 40% of the LIN ranges 001 to 200 have been approved. I think this is the number to watch.

Note for FunkyJunky

FunkyJunky,
I tried to open the attachment you have sent but I can't!! Can you please help? thnx, aghajan

FunkyJunky,
It doesn't seem I have it at all. Do you know how can I download it from the web? thnx,aghajan

Go to Downloads.com and follow your nose.:D

You should find winzip there somewhere. If not, do a search on the web.

Tried to open and works like a charm..If it took them 9.5 months to approve 40% of LIN-02 cases....how long will it take them to do them all? something to think about.....

funkyjunky

I've emailed you an update on LIN-02-164 (ND Apr 19, 2002). There were quite a few approvals since last week. I counted 9, in the last 6 days alone. Interestingly, they were all direct from "Received" status instead of from "RFE sent" or "RFE received".

Discordant, ain't it? Just lucky, or, is it the first signs of a dim light at the end of our light-year-long tunnel?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: funkyjunky

Originally posted by orca
.... Discordant, ain't it? Just lucky, or, is it the first signs of a dim light at the end of our light-year-long tunnel?

The 'incurable optimist syndrome'?