Greencard holder will apply usa citizenship and marry 3 months after then apply citizenship for wife

Albert5555

Registered Users (C)
Situation:
- I am currently living oversea for 1 month already.
- I plan and eligible to apply for USA citizenship this beginning january 2013
- Once I got my citizenship, I will be back to oversea again and
- I plan to marry on September 2013

Question:
- If I plan to apply greencard/usa citizenship for her from oversea, is that possible?
- Did she need to stay in USA after she got her greencard through me?
- Could I apply citizenship from oversea and fly back to usa for fingerprint appointment?

If you want to bring her to the US faster, file the fiancee visa when you become a citizen, and get married in the US.

The fiancee visa is normally obtained in 2-6 months, but if you get married first you'll have to file for an immigrant visa which takes 6-12 months.

- Could I apply citizenship from oversea and fly back to usa for fingerprint appointment?
Yes, you can submit the application when overseas, but if you're spending too much time abroad during the process it could result in delays or denial of your naturalization.

Thank you. After I got my citizenship, I plan to stay oversea with her. After she got K1, can she still stay oversea?

Thank you. After I got my citizenship, I plan to stay oversea with her. After she got K1, can she still stay oversea?

Stay overseas for how long? Upon approval of the K1 visa, she will have to enter the US within 6 months, and then 90 days after entry to get married and file the green card paperwork.

If the plan is to live overseas permanently, getting a green card for her doesn't make sense; it will be canceled for spending too much time outside the US. If she wants to visit the US she should apply for a tourist visa (better to apply after she's married to you and you're living there with her).

Note that if your time abroad is pursuant to a permanent relocation, that could result in your citizenship being denied. You should try to minimize the time you spend abroad from now until you complete the process.